User Tag List

Page 4810 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 381043104710476048004808480948104811481248204860491053105810 ... LastLast
Results 48,091 to 48,100 of 67828

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Human Grumpy Cat Array senza tema's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    To quote a character in a novel which shall remain unnamed,
    "All at once or in succession?"
    Bahahaha, people here are so dirty.

Which novel is this???

The Typing Tabby Array grey_beard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Bahahaha, people here are so dirty.

Which novel is this???
    Dorothy L. Sayers, "Gaudy Night"
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.
    Likes senza tema liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

I'm a genius, I just never realised in what way.

I'm a genius of incompetence and I enjoy finding new ways to fail.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm
    Likes JAVO, BadOctopus liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Ha. Unfortunately, the details aren't even remotely juicy.

I've just been thinking about whether or not we're all just massively brainwashed into monogamy as an ideal. I'm really seriously starting to believe that monogamy as a choice is overburdened with expectations, both of one's partner and of oneself. And failed expectations create so much frustration and resentment.

I just don't know if one person could ever fulfill all my needs ... or vice versa.

On the other hand, can I deny the fact that I feel an overpowering desire to consume my significant other entirely on my own? No. I can be a jealous and angry lover.

BUT MAYBE I'VE JUST BEEN BRAINWASHED TO THINK THAT WAY.
    I agree with those thoughts. I don't have the jealousy though. I think jealousy in the initial stages of a relationship is at least partially a natural response. Once the relationship matures, much of it seems likely to be imposed by cultural expectations.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

I am seething in rage. I wish I could channel it into something constructive, but instead I'm just eating pizza.
    the bees made honey in the lion's skull

After class ended today, I chatted with my 8-year old student for a few minutes.
    My 8-year old student is so frigging cute and innocent. I like interacting with children who are below 10 years old, because they are still naive about the world and they haven't lose their innocence yet. Anyway, this is how our conversation went:

Me: Is your parents working today?
    Student: No
    Me. Oh. What jobs are your parents working as?
    Student: My dad repairs the air-con. And my mum works in an office, but I don't know what she is working as.
    Me: I see. Is your mum an admin? Because admin usually works in the office.
    Student: What is admin?
    Me: Admin are people who do paper work in the office
    Student: Oh. I don't think she is admin. Her office has lots of computers. I went to her office before, and her office also has a kitchen and in her kitchen there is free water too!
    Me: I see. Or maybe your mum is an accountant.
    Student: I don't think so. Her job involves computers!
    Me: Or maybe she is a data entry clerk.
    Student: What is a data entry clerk?
    Me: Data entry clerks are people who enter data into the computer.
    Student: Oh! I think maybe this is what she is working as!

And then we continue to chit chat a bit more.

Student: You know something, my dad beats people up
    Me: Huh. You mean he gets into fights with people?
    Student: Sorta. Sometimes he would hit me and my brother too.
    Me: Huh. He hit you with a cane?
    Student: Yes most of the time he hit me with a cane. And if he couldn't find a cane he would hit me with a belt. You know, those belt that men usually wore on their pants? He hit me with those sometimes.
    Me: Oh I see. *remains calm on the outside but freaking out internally because I think my student is being abused by his father"

Oh well, maybe I am overreacting, perhaps it's normal for parents to hit children with a belt these days and hitting children with belt doesn't necessarily constitute to abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Do you have any insight on ISTJ vs INTJ?
    Well, I am not sure if I know any ISTJs in real life. But my dad is an INTJ and in my entire family he was the one who understood me most. His thinking style is very similar to mine, we tend to view this world in very similar ways. That Ni in us makes us very receptive to new ideas and new ways of looking at things. Don't be fooled by the "J" in INTJ. They are actually one of the least judgemental people out there.
    One of my older brothers is an INTP and he is actually a lot more judgemental than my INTJ dad. My INTP brother often gives me unsolicited advice on how to live my life. Unlike my INTJ dad who gives me the freedom to live the life that I want to live, my INTJ dad doesn't try to control me or anything, and he is slow to judge my lifestyle habits. And this is what I love most about my INTJ dad, he is very easy to get along with and I don't feel scrutinized by him unlike the way I felt with my INTP brother.

ISTJs are Si doms and I think they would be less receptive to new ideas. My mum is an ESFJ with auxiliary Si and she can hold onto the same opinion for many years. My mum is also very traditional and family-oriented.
    I think ISTJ who are Si doms would be the same way too. They can hold onto the same beliefs/opinions for many years and they are very slow to change their opinions. And they would also be very traditional and family-oriented etc. Their desires in life are quite simple, they just want to settle down with a family and have a stable career.
    INTJs on the other hand, wouldn't be satisfied with such a simple desire in life. INTJs often desire for more in life, they wouldn't feel happy with just a marriage and a stable career, they need much more than these. They need a career that they feel passionate about, and they also need to know their purpose in life. This is something that I observed about the INTJs that I know in real life.
    INTJs with Ni would often have a vision on their mind about how their ideal life is like, and they would use their Te to chase after their ideal life. For example, I am pretty sure one of my classmates is an INTJ, and his Ni vision is to become a music teacher, and he really went all the way out to chase after this dream of his. He said that music is his destined career for his entire lifetime, and he took up lots of music lessons, and he kept training himself. He has even avoided getting into relationships because he wanna focus on his music, he actually sacrificed a lot of things just to pursue this Ni vision of his.
    Likes BadOctopus, Rambling, chubber liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post

Student: Yes most of the time he hit me with a cane. And if he couldn't find a cane he would hit me with a belt. You know, those belt that men usually wore on their pants? He hit me with those sometimes.
    Me: Oh I see. *remains calm on the outside but freaking out internally because I think my student is being abused by his father"

Oh well, maybe I am overreacting, perhaps it's normal for parents to hit children with a belt these days and hitting children with belt doesn't necessarily constitute to abuse?
    Ehm, physical punishment is completely illegal in the majority of the member states of the European Union and using a cane or a belt would be considered harsh and excessive punishment and therefor abuse by most countries that do allow mild slapping. Where is this taking place?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH Array Mademoiselle's Avatar
    MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

After class ended today, I chatted with my 8-year old student for a few minutes.
    My 8-year old student is so frigging cute and innocent. I like interacting with children who are below 10 years old, because they are still naive about the world and they haven't lose their innocence yet. Anyway, this is how our conversation went:

Me: Is your parents working today?
    Student: No
    Me. Oh. What jobs are your parents working as?
    Student: My dad repairs the air-con. And my mum works in an office, but I don't know what she is working as.
    Me: I see. Is your mum an admin? Because admin usually works in the office.
    Student: What is admin?
    Me: Admin are people who do paper work in the office
    Student: Oh. I don't think she is admin. Her office has lots of computers. I went to her office before, and her office also has a kitchen and in her kitchen there is free water too!
    Me: I see. Or maybe your mum is an accountant.
    Student: I don't think so. Her job involves computers!
    Me: Or maybe she is a data entry clerk.
    Student: What is a data entry clerk?
    Me: Data entry clerks are people who enter data into the computer.
    Student: Oh! I think maybe this is what she is working as!

And then we continue to chit chat a bit more.

I suggest you discuss that with the psychologist researcher in your school -if you have one- so as to prepare a similar about parents education and relationship with their children and collect some datas and talk to the children about personal growth.
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    ||||||||||||
    …Order >> Chaos >> Order
    ————
    Likes Destiny liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Ehm, physical punishment is completely illegal in the majority of the member states of the European Union and using a cane or a belt would be considered harsh and excessive punishment and therefor abuse by most countries that do allow mild slapping. Where is this taking place?
    I live in an Asian country, Singapore.
    I heard it's considered abuse in western countries, but I'm not sure whether it's the same for Asian country though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I live in an Asian country, Singapore.
    I heard it's considered abuse in western countries, but I'm not sure whether it's the same for Asian country though.
    Okay. A quick info search suggests it is legal but officially discouraged in Singapore. So you might not have much leverage but still good reason to talk to the parents, I'd say.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Destiny liked this post