User Tag List

Page 4808 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 380843084708475847984806480748084809481048184858490853085808 ... LastLast
Results 48,071 to 48,080 of 67835

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    Event came up suddenly. Not enough time to print business cards - have to use insect jar instead. Makes sense in context.
    You're a software developer who specializes in eliminating bugs from software?

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

there is never enough hot water for any proper shower...

... and not even for wanton purposes! just not enough to just sit and feel the water run across your skin... I'll never get tired of that sensation
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

I enjoy making friends and getting friend requests from people I find interesting.

I also enjoy it just as much when someone unfriends me. I usually don't know the specific reason, but I can generally narrow it down to a few possibilities. I gain insight into the perspectives of others, and it provides feedback to me that I'm not living a colorless life.

When I was more serious about photography, I found that I took some of my best photos when people were pointing at me, snickering, scowling at, or asking me or themselves, "What is he doing?"

One time I was photographing a waterfall which is photographed by many from a road. Maybe 1% of people photographing it are actually out of their vehicle. There happened to be a photography workshop ran by two pro photographers who showed up at the waterfall at the same time as me. They too photographed it from the road. I soon realized that the best perspective for a photo would be from inside the flow of the water.

What is that guy doing? Should he be doing that? Is that safe? Is that allowed? He's crazy. I'm not doing that.

Soon, one of the pro photographers was taking pictures of me taking pictures of the waterfall.
    Likes Alaska liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    there is never enough hot water for any proper shower...

... and not even for wanton purposes! just not enough to just sit and feel the water run across your skin... I'll never get tired of that sensation
    You should get yourself into hot water, young lady!

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    You should get yourself into hot water, young lady!
    I do that frequently enough by just opening my mouth... sadly I'm always fully clothed for that
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett
    Likes JAVO liked this post

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

the bees made honey in the lion's skull

Likes five sounds, cm81 liked this post

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Aha! Now I know you're working for the Illumnati and trying to cover for them!

...only kidding.

But really, good points. I especially identify with your point about coming from a Christian background and seeing how what they're saying is ridiculous even from their own perspective, should it ever become more cogent.
    No, that's not what I mean. They're saying it in a ridiculous, exaggerated, overly mythological way, but they are basically making a simple statement about certain things being exploitive, immoral and corrosive to sociey. And the right wing libertarians, if they'd read something besides Ayn Rand or American history, and delve into world history or take a look at our modern world, it should not be difficult for them to understand that tyranny can also be used by big business and religion. Of course most sane libertarians promote small business, but I swear, there's this hilarious Web page on line, and it is like...in the beginning there was paradise, until government. ...and some of the extremists sound like that, like oh yeah tyranny never happened at the hands of wandering vikings or rich sociopathic assholes or small groups of isolated Southern people hanging blacks from trees.

And some of the religious ones do go to far, out into not even making a point, just complete lunacy
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma
    Likes JAVO liked this post

The Typing Tabby Array grey_beard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    My brain is so much mush right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    Just dropped some mush in the toilet.
    @GarrotTheThief -- does this imply, in the light of @small.wonder 's comments, that you have brains for shit?
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.
    Likes cm81 liked this post

The Typing Tabby Array grey_beard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Played a special version of Secret Santa with useless presents at the christmas party at work. Won a fucking cookbook.
    So...a "fucking cookbook" is where you get your recipes for hot sex?
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    So...a "fucking cookbook" is where you get your recipes for hot sex?
    Yes. You got a problem with that, grandpa?