User Tag List

Page 4801 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 380143014701475147914799480048014802480348114851490153015801 ... LastLast
Results 48,001 to 48,010 of 67712

Thread: Random Thought Thread

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

sometimes i get dialogue flashing in my mind between characters for potential stories accompanied by an image of a scene.

Today it was the following:

"Robespierre! what have you done? These men, these women, they followed you, they trusted you. Why have you betrayed them? Why have you sent them to their deaths?"

and unrelated to that,

The man put his hands on the fiery coals and held them there while screaming at the sky. It was not agony which made him scream but a wish that his sister would live and that the demon would honor their bargain. His hands on the coals were a stamp, or a signature. The contract was signed as his flesh melted off his palms and the bones pushed through.

In truth, twas not physical pain that gave him tears but the normal human condition of his tragedy, of their tragedy, for he was the last hope among his tribe. If the demon did not honor his pact a few of them would parish in bitter anguish and agony leaving the other few behind to be tormented for a fleeting eternity.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

My brain is so much mush right now.
    Find my Enneagram writing here, and ethical boutique here.✨
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    My brain is so much mush right now.
    Just dropped some mush in the toilet.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm wondering whether I should start saying "please" instead of just thank you. I don't like saying please, maybe I am just rationalising so I don't have to form a new habit but it just seems... manipulative, like they have to do something for you because you're being so nice about it. Thank you doesn't have this problem in my view, because they've already done something for you, you're just letting them know it's appreciated. But please... I don't know there's just something I don't like about it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I really like the idea of meme comprehension, there should be a field. I mean it says a lot about us as a species, how we take a bit of information and turn it into a repetition which then becomes something else through mild alterations over time. I hope you survive too, I want to hear to results.
    So here's the only site I found with an explanation:

Everything you need to know about the Russell Crowe meme taking over the internet

But it's pretty weak and I still don't get it.

Basically you make the title "MFW (my face when) [insert pretty much anything]" and add this gif

to pretty much anything. And it's hilarious for some reason to people.

I give up.

However, I do find memes fascinating and it's nuts how with a well done one, a very large amount of information can be absorbed in a quick glance. First world problems can be hilarious, but the underlying context is profound.

Something like this that doesn't even have captions, not even sure if it's a meme:

haha, oh man, but shit, shit's fucked up in the world.

The iterations of memes definitely say something about our species, but even more interesting to me is the implications of how visual we are. You can communicate SO MUCH with an image, even more with a cleverly photoshopped image juxtaposed to one or more other images.

Add in short captions, and that can just further bolster what you're trying to say. All in a neat package.

I'm basically waiting for War and Peace to come out as an infographic.

I actually suggested to my teacher when I was studying Copywriting that he should have a whole class on memes. He loved the idea, but pretty sure it never happened.

And then there's straight up gifs, but I'll save that for later.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes Cellmold, Thalassa, cm81, BadOctopus, Alaska liked this post

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Senior Member Array

Too tired for stuff.
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

INFJ comes in two different flavors: the Ni subtype vs the Fe subtype.

The Ni subtype has a very well-developed Ni and Ti and is more introverted and intellectual and dreamy, whereas the Fe subtype has a very well-developed Fe and Se and is more warm and outgoing and expressive.

And it seriously sucks to be an INFJ with a well-developed Ti.

I have the social skills of an INTJ and the thinking style of an INFJ. I suck at making small talk and everywhere I go people would keep asking me, "Why are you so quiet? Speak more!"
    And it doesn't help either that the Fe in me makes me care too much about other people's opinions of me.
    Most of my self-esteem issues stemmed from being rejected by others. I have a difficult time separating my own identity from others opinions of me.

I'd rather be an INFJ with a well-developed Fe.
    I personally find Adolf Hitler very sexy. Ok I don't approve of his deeds, but you still can't deny that he is a very charismatic individual.

Played a special version of Secret Santa with useless presents at the christmas party at work. Won a fucking cookbook.