User Tag List

Page 4778 of 6766 FirstFirst ... 377842784678472847684776477747784779478047884828487852785778 ... LastLast
Results 47,771 to 47,780 of 67654

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    I realized that in my life, I only attract 2 types of people: People who are drawn to me like moths to flame vs people who hate me intensely.

For the former category, I often have difficulty understanding why people would confide their secrets in me all the time.
    So I decided to ask one of my close friends whom I have known for many years, and they told me that they feel comfortable talking to me because I am non-judgemental.
    Thinking about this, I think their opinion of me is pretty accurate, because I am actually very open-minded and I am rarely judgemental of people. I tend to view this world in shades of grey rather than in black and white.

And then of course there is the people who hate me. No matter how nice and genuine I treat them, they still continue to find faults with me, they are always focusing on my flaws and are always upset with me.

How interesting. Two people can look at the same person but have completely different feelings and opinions about that same person. Let's have an example. Person A likes Person B because Person A thinks that Person B is a good person, but Person C hates Person B because Person C thinks that Person B is a hypocrite and a bad person etc.
    So what defines Person B? Is Person B a good or bad person? How do you define a good person vs a bad person? There are times when good people does evil deeds, and there are times when evil people does good deeds too. Is anybody in this world ever completely good or completely evil? I don't believe it. I don't believe that this world is THAT black and white.

So I am appalled whenever I find out that people either idolize me or hate me intensely. I am a human and I have a good side as well as a dark side in me.
    I am not 100% good, nor am I 100% evil.
    I often find that people can like/dislike for many reasons...but then to me I don't really give a shit who likes me or not.
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....
    Likes Destiny liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I think what you are noticing is that the frame of reference in these scenarios is almost always the person themselves. People assess others, whether they like them or hate them, based on their own internal framework and values, whatever those are and however those work. It's a contextual issue.

Hence why you should never live trying to please others. Only God. Because others are flawed. We are all flawed. No matter how good and Godly a woman and like Christ I try to be, I will fail others. It is my human nature. We can strive to always be good, but we won't make it.

How do we know what is truly good? The ultimate example is Christ's love. I've been an atheist, I've lived from my own heart and mind and they failed me miserably, I've studied different religions. The only religion that ensures we live how we are meant to live is living for the One who made us: the One God, Who is Many. And the guidelines for that are in His Word, the Bible. Beyond that, they are in His spirit which begins to fill you more and more as you live in obedience to Him.

Shalom~ <3

Gosh, this post has really helped me a lot, thank you so much

Lately, I find myself struggling whether I should please God or please people. If I please God, I will end up losing people. But if I please people, I will end up drifting further away from God. And somehow, this post of yours has enlightened me and brought me closer to God again. I think I finally know what I should do now. Thank you so much!
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    714 sx/sp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

They guard asses in Asgard.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness, preferring silence to everything that it should be." Edgar Allen Poe

"There's a magic inside,
    Just waiting to burst out.
    There world is a goldmine-
    That will melt tomorrow."M83

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cm81 View Post
    They guard asses in Asgard.
    So... if I'm watching out for asses--you know, making sure nothing happens to them or anything--does that make me godly?

EDIT: I wasn't even being rhetorical, I was just being silly, but if you "have answers" feel free to share.
    Likes cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

I need someone to feed off me. It's written in my blood.

Human Grumpy Cat Array senza tema's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    I need someone to feed off me. It's written in my blood.
    Click me.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Ha. Do me. In the thread.

I can't do myself, it's a rule.
    Likes senza tema liked this post

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    I realized that in my life, I only attract 2 types of people: People who are drawn to me like moths to flame vs people who hate me intensely.

For the former category, I often have difficulty understanding why people would confide their secrets in me all the time.
    So I decided to ask one of my close friends whom I have known for many years, and they told me that they feel comfortable talking to me because I am non-judgemental.
    Thinking about this, I think their opinion of me is pretty accurate, because I am actually very open-minded and I am rarely judgemental of people. I tend to view this world in shades of grey rather than in black and white.

And then of course there is the people who hate me. No matter how nice and genuine I treat them, they still continue to find faults with me, they are always focusing on my flaws and are always upset with me.

How interesting. Two people can look at the same person but have completely different feelings and opinions about that same person. Let's have an example. Person A likes Person B because Person A thinks that Person B is a good person, but Person C hates Person B because Person C thinks that Person B is a hypocrite and a bad person etc.
    So what defines Person B? Is Person B a good or bad person? How do you define a good person vs a bad person? There are times when good people does evil deeds, and there are times when evil people does good deeds too. Is anybody in this world ever completely good or completely evil? I don't believe it. I don't believe that this world is THAT black and white.

So I am appalled whenever I find out that people either idolize me or hate me intensely. I am a human and I have a good side as well as a dark side in me.
    I am not 100% good, nor am I 100% evil.
    I know how you feel.
    Likes cm81, Destiny liked this post

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    I know how you feel.
    I'm the shape of the hole inside your heart.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

HOW COULD YOU BE SO FUCKING IDIOTIC???