User Tag List

Page 4734 of 6766 FirstFirst ... 373442344634468447244732473347344735473647444784483452345734 ... LastLast
Results 47,331 to 47,340 of 67656

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Human Grumpy Cat Array senza tema's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    I just wanted to let this out:

To any woman/girl who has ever considered aborting her unborn child only because she doesn't want it (I'm not counting the cases in which such an act would be needed to save the mother's life), just keep in mind that there's always going to be a woman out there, somewhere in the world, who wants nothing more than to be a mother and is not able to conceive. And as I'm one of those women/girls who are at risk of infertility, it's a truth that really hits hard.

What's so wrong about giving up your unwanted baby for adoption after childbirth, if it means that another woman can then give that child all the love she has?
    Nothing, except that far too many kids don't get adopted and live disrupted, difficult, sometimes abusive lives in foster care/state facilities. And that's if they're lucky enough to be born in the west. Unwanted children in the developing world are at even greater risk, sometimes unimaginably greater. I'm not saying fetuses should be aborted en masse just because there are unwanted kids around or that human life has no value ... but adoption is not a viable solution on the large scale. There simply aren't enough people willing to do it.

I truly am sorry for your own fertility and health concerns and think it's wonderful that you would be prepared to open to your home and heart to children other women carried, biologically. And I wish more people were like you. Many more. But realities are not so simple for everyone.

This is a difficult subject for me to decide on, truth be told. For me, personally, it would be difficult if not impossible for me to consider abortion as a choice. But I still don't think the state has the right to police women's bodies ... especially since it does fuck all to help them or the kids it forces them to carry.

literally your mother Array PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

I know I owe a lot of people on here responses and will give them in a bit when I am on my computer. It takes way to much time and energy to do it on a cellphone when I am around people (damn my extrovert self)

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

Healer-in-Training Array Morning Star's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Nothing, except that far too many kids don't get adopted and live disrupted, difficult, sometimes abusive lives in foster care/state facilities. And that's if they're lucky enough to be born in the west. Unwanted children in the developing world are at even greater risk, sometimes unimaginably greater. I'm not saying fetuses should be aborted en masse just because there are unwanted kids around or that human life has no value ... but adoption is not a viable solution on the large scale. There simply aren't enough people willing to do it.

I truly am sorry for your own fertility and health concerns and think it's wonderful that you would be prepared to open to your home and heart to children other women carried, biologically. But realities are not so simple for other people.

This is a difficult subject for me to decide on, truth be told. For me, personally, it would be difficult if not impossible for me to consider abortion as a choice. But I still don't think the state has the right to police women's bodies ... especially since it does fuck all to help them or the kids it forces them to carry.
    Well, I don't agree with policies banning abortion, just as I don't agree with policies in general which limit the freedoms of citizens - people should have the freedom to make their own choices. And I do agree with you on the problems with foster care/state facilities and all, the system needs to be improved.

But the women/girls I was addressing, were specifically those who have a choice to abort an unborn child or allow another woman to raise him/her in a loving environment, and ultimately choose the former. Maybe there's something wrong with me, that I fail to understand why... I'm not telling them not to abort, but to at least think about it.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Likes senza tema, PocketFullOf liked this post

But the women/girls I was addressing, were specifically those who have a choice to abort an unborn child or allow another woman to raise him/her in a loving environment, and ultimately choose the former. Maybe there's something wrong with me, that I fail to understand why... I'm not telling them not to abort, but to at least think about it.
    I think guilt associated with responsibility plays a role here.

I'm sorry to hear about your risk of infertility.

Human Grumpy Cat Array senza tema's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Well, I don't agree with policies banning abortion, just as I don't agree with policies in general which limit the freedoms of citizens - people should have the freedom to make their own choices. And I do agree with you on the problems with foster care/state facilities and all, the system needs to be improved.

Gotcha. And yes, in that situation, it would be really difficult for me to understand that choice, too (like, part of me does kinda consider fetuses as a form of human life, which is why it is very very hard for me to be completely pro-choice ...)

For me, the burden of guilt of abortion would be far greater than the burden of giving up a newborn to a loving family, but everyone is not built that way. But it's so hard to know what to do when dealing with an unplanned pregnancy and especially when you feel trapped and like everything is against you, who knows what thoughts and compulsions are running through people's heads? It tough to resolve, for sure.

Healer-in-Training Array Morning Star's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Gotcha. And yes, in that situation, it would be really difficult for me to understand that choice, too (like, part of me does kinda consider fetuses as a form of human life, which is why it is very very hard for me to be completely pro-choice ...)

For me, the burden of guilt of abortion would be far greater than the burden of giving up a newborn to a loving family, but everyone is not built that way. But it's so hard to know what to do when dealing with an unplanned pregnancy and especially when you feel trapped and like everything is against you, who knows what thoughts and compulsions are running through people's heads? It tough to resolve, for sure.
    Yeah, that's true. Not every situation will be the same.

Hmm... I've been thinking for a long time about opening a school for orphans and other less-privileged children. It may take years to implement, but I want to give such children an equal opportunity to shine like the stars they are in this world.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Likes senza tema liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

What's the problem?

People liking more when I'm an asshole? Unfortunately, I don't have a sweet and caring mode. Or if I do, the switch for it is covered with dust and cobwebs from disuse. I do have a tendency of making people adjust to me. Once they get past a certain point, it's fine.

Wanting to appear more confident but being embarrassed and feeling pressured? Yes. Always. Whenever I interact with people, and it really doesn't matter when or where, I always feel held back. I don't want to look stupid or say the wrong thing. The doubt gets to me.

People hardly noticing me? I'm not sure. I used to think I was invisible. People wouldn't notice that I was talking to them sometimes, so instead of asserting myself, I faded out of social interactions. There wasn't anything interesting about me, and I wasn't naturally likeable. I decided not to try. Turns out, the people I used to know not only remember me, they remember me fondly. They remember more about me than I do about them. I probably believed people weren't giving me a chance because I didn't want to give them a chance. That would've meant putting myself out there. By telling myself they didn't like me, I was relieved of having to meet them halfway.

I'm not sure if any of that is related to what you were asking. If not, let me know.
    Yes. I think it's pretty much like it.
    Since I was different, people used to marginalize me.
    IFor years I thought that nobody liked me, and indeed nobody liked me. I had 0% self confidence. Always. But when I painted. Art is the only thing that kept me socially alive, and that made me go from invisible from the middle of the attention. When I painted everybody liked me for some reason.
    Thats why in art school I thought I was an extrovert for a while. Then I realized that was just because I was comfortable in my environment.
    We (Introverts) are just aliens that were forced to be born in this planet, and we don't feel like we belong here and this isn't our people, so we rather close up in our alien shelves.

Hahah sorry. It's 5 in the morning. I lost my mind.
    Likes Ghost liked this post

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I will not let this Friday night bother me, for at this point every moment of my life is as big a disappointment as any typical Friday night. Especially when I've just woken up, how dearly I would love to not ever have to get up, to just lie and fade away. But of course my daily ambitions keep me going, hopeless and ridiculous really.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

When did I lose it?

But then I probably never had it. The world is filled with electric bullshit and I'm one of the worst propagators.

There is almost too much, too much for an undefined attention to anchor itself to. To concentrate on one aspect and a dozen more appear; C'est la vie. But why do we surrender to that because of c'est la vie? Just because now is c'est la vie doesn't mean it will always be c'est la vie.

Ce n'est pas la vie
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    I will not let this Friday night bother me, for at this point every moment of my life is as big a disappointment as any typical Friday night. Especially when I've just woken up, how dearly I would love to not ever have to get up, to just lie and fade away. But of course my daily ambitions keep me going, hopeless and ridiculous really.
    you are like, one big sad poem.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.