User Tag List

Page 4698 of 6762 FirstFirst ... 369841984598464846884696469746984699470047084748479851985698 ... LastLast
Results 46,971 to 46,980 of 67620

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Pull off your clothes,
    Throw 'em in the corner

Stay all night,
    Stay a little longer

And love me girl
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

It's actually a big thing.

A God & all of it.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

What the heck does it mean if a man asks you if you are a "Russian blue"? I know that's a cat breed, but...?
    Find my Enneagram writing here, and ethical boutique here.✨

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    What the heck does it mean if a man asks you if you are a "Russian blue"? I know that's a cat breed, but...?
    ... that he's a clumsy flirter?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

I picked up the Droid Turbo. All I can do is cradle it and marvel its beautiful lines, its ballistic nylon backplate, the pitch slab of its screen.

Cars, women, phones, why am I so enamored by the universe?

First time having a cell in two years, by the way. It was cool while it lasted.
    the bees made honey in the lion's skull

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I literally just read that article less than a minute before seeing this post. and literally in the completely literal sense and not figurative sense tw
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Rewatching old episodes of Criminal Intent I am reminded of this article I once read about how watching all those American tv shows where judges are addressed as "your honor" had made a large number of Germans assume that the (literal) tv translation of that was how you addressed a judge in this country as well. You don't. In German, the correct way of addressing a judge would retranslate back into English as "Mr/Mrs chairperson" or "Mr/Mrs judge".
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Rewatching old episodes of Criminal Intent I am reminded of this article I once read about how watching all those American tv shows where judges are addressed as "your honor" had made a large number of Germans assume that the (literal) tv translation of that was how you addressed a judge in this country as well. You don't. In German, the correct way of addressing a judge would retranslate back into English as "Mr/Mrs chairperson" or "Mr/Mrs judge".
    How about the use of gavels? I think that's an almost exclusively American thing.

The rules for addressing judges here are very arcane. Traffic commissioners and justices of the peace are "Your Worship", lower court judges are "Your Honour", superior court judges are "My Lord/Lady", and judges in higher courts than that are "Mr./Madam Justice". (Except the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, who is "Madam Chief Justice".)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    How about the use of gavels? I think that's an almost exclusively American thing.

The rules for addressing judges here are very arcane. Traffic commissioners and justices of the peace are "Your Worship", lower court judges are "Your Honour", superior court judges are "My Lord/Lady", and judges in higher courts than that are "Mr./Madam Justice". (Except the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, who is "Madam Chief Justice".)
    Nope, no gavel.

Also, no jury system. At least no jury of 12 like you have but in some cases 2 civilian layjudges assisting the professional judge as equals (at least theoretically) to form a tribunal of 3 or 3 laymen assisting 2 professional judges for a tribunal of 5, depending on the type of court - and not for a specific case but for a period of 4 or 5 years.

Oh, and no class action law suits.
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari