User Tag List

Page 4636 of 6781 FirstFirst ... 363641364536458646264634463546364637463846464686473651365636 ... LastLast
Results 46,351 to 46,360 of 67805

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Spreadsheet Samurai Array Alaska's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    "Youth is in itself already something fraudulent and deceptive. Later, when the young soul, tortured by nothing but disappointments, finally turns back against itself suspiciously, still hot and wild, even in its suspicion and pangs of conscience, how it rages against itself from this point on, how it tears itself apart impatiently, how it takes revenge for its lengthy self-deception, just as if it had been a voluntary blindness! In this transition people punish themselves through their mistrust of their own feeling; they torment their enthusiasm with doubt; indeed, they already feel good conscience as a danger, as a veiling of the self, so to speak, and exhaustion of their finer honesty. Above all, people take sides, basically the side against “the young.”—A decade later, they understand that all this was also still—youth!" - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Relatable. I have watched others and myself deal with this in a number of different ways.

We don't lose our innocence so much as realize one day that we have never been innocent.
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes Olm the Water King liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    "Youth is in itself already something fraudulent and deceptive. Later, when the young soul, tortured by nothing but disappointments, finally turns back against itself suspiciously, still hot and wild, even in its suspicion and pangs of conscience, how it rages against itself from this point on, how it tears itself apart impatiently, how it takes revenge for its lengthy self-deception, just as if it had been a voluntary blindness! In this transition people punish themselves through their mistrust of their own feeling; they torment their enthusiasm with doubt; indeed, they already feel good conscience as a danger, as a veiling of the self, so to speak, and exhaustion of their finer honesty. Above all, people take sides, basically the side against “the young.”—A decade later, they understand that all this was also still—youth!" - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    Relatable. I have watched others and myself deal with this in a number of different ways.

We don't lose our innocence so much as realize one day that we have never been innocent.
    When is "Later". 30ish? Probably the age when I started punishing myself for squandered time chasing silly things. But not too much, that's what you do when you're young.

But damn, if "tortured by nothing but disappointments" didn't hit home for me. And like Fred said, made me question and doubt myself, more and more. At least for the big decisions in life. At the worst, so much doubt, that I become paralyzed, unable to choose, thinking either one will be the wrong choice.

So what, when I’m 40sih, that’s a “decade later” and I’m like, “damned youth, flaring up again!”

Christ, life can be a bitch. But also lovely, so there’s that.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes Olm the Water King, Alaska liked this post

Police herpes... lol

MBTI
    INTJ

"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts." - Albert Einstein
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

stop trying to reinvent the wheel if there was a better design it would've already been invented.
    by @magpie

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Array Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

Really cool people don't go out on the weekends. Really cool people go out on Wednesdays. Why on earth did I have to get myself a 9 to 5 job?
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

MBTI
    INFJ

Now, to only, be shown to Hope again.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

just #darnlions
    by @magpie
    Likes Oaky liked this post