User Tag List

Page 4628 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 362841284528457846184626462746284629463046384678472851285628 ... LastLast
Results 46,271 to 46,280 of 67815

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #46271
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    I wonder if anybody's ever been mugged after walking home from being mugged and had nothing left. I how the second mugger felt.

  2. #46272
    ¿trap queen? Array chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I wonder if anybody's ever been mugged after walking home from being mugged and had nothing left. I how the second mugger felt.
    This exact thing happened in west oakland to a guy I know
    Likes Qlip liked this post

  3. #46273
    is Array indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Racism is super entrenched and needs to be questions everywhere. Only exception is people of color not being attracted to white people. It makes sense not to be attracted to people who oppress you.
    Likes chickpea liked this post

  4. #46274
    Alma Array five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    Racism is super entrenched and needs to be questions everywhere. Only exception is people of color not being attracted to white people. It makes sense not to be attracted to people who oppress you.
    was thinking about this last night after i heard two racist comments directed at a black coworker by another employee. i looked around the restaurant to realize she was literally the only non-white employee in there, and imagined how she must feel in that moment. the comments were phrased in a 'joking' manner, but it was obvious she wasn't enjoying it as much as the guy dishing it out.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.


  5. #46275
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,374

    Default

    You say Jonas Brothers, I say Led Zeppelin.
    You say Hannah Montana, I say Guns 'n Roses.
    You say Miley Cyrus, I say Van Halen.
    You say Soulja Boy, I say Black Sabbath.
    You say Zac Efron, I say Alice Cooper
    You say Vanessa Hudgens, I say Jimi Hendrix.
    You say Miguel Escueta,I say Wolfgang.
    Studies show 80% of kids have been listening to rap, fake rock, or pop. If you are one of those 20% who still knows what music is copy and paste
    Likes chickpea liked this post

  6. #46276
    is Array indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    was thinking about this last night after i heard two racist comments directed at a black coworker by another employee. i looked around the restaurant to realize she was literally the only non-white employee in there, and imagined how she must feel in that moment. the comments were phrased in a 'joking' manner, but it was obvious she wasn't enjoying it as much as the guy dishing it out.
    I copied that from an OKC profile. lol. It's understandable - not liking white people due to the experiences involved - but from an ideological perspective, I find it a little regressive.

    People are deeply insensitive about the subject all around though, yeah. Growing up with so many black friends, I kind of feel like an undercover brother.


  7. #46277
    Senior Member Array oneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Poop poop poop
    We are more than the sum of our parts.

  8. #46278
    Alma Array five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    I copied that from an OKC profile. lol. It's understandable - not liking white people due to the experiences involved - but from an ideological perspective, I find it a little regressive.

    People are deeply insensitive about the subject all around though, yeah. Growing up with so many black friends, I kind of feel like an undercover brother.

    i basically just took the idea of entrenched racism and it reminded me of that instance. the rest of it is definitely backwards, and although i do sometimes feel like white shame or guilt about it, i think racism is stupid no matter who it's against.

    i also feel like an undercover sister. i live in an area with a high african american population percentage, and have often felt like i related more strongly to the black story than the white one.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.


  9. #46279
    is Array indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    i basically just took the idea of entrenched racism and it reminded me of that instance. the rest of it is definitely backwards, and although i do sometimes feel like white shame or guilt about it, i think racism is stupid no matter who it's against.
    Yeah, at the latter. But it is understandable. Maybe that's all the girl was getting at. At first I took it to be "excusable". But looking again... idk. I probably didn't see it for what it was.

    i also feel like an undercover sister. i live in an area with a high african american population percentage, and have often felt like i related more strongly to the black story than the white one.
    The bad part, like you prolly know, is hearing absurdly racist things in the presence of other white people, lol. As if just all white people share the same sentiment. It's great, I love it.

  10. #46280
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    "I feel like nobody finds me imposing."

    "Oh, I think you're very intimidating."

    She beams a smile, "Thanks! That means a lot to me."

    /Conversation with an ENFP e8.
    Likes oneandonly liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO