User Tag List

Page 461 of 6780 FirstFirst ... 3614114514594604614624634715115619611461 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 67800

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Shuffling around, yes. Probably seeming very undead. No bits fell off as far as I'm aware!

Reminds me of...
    "Sorry, dear, I was miles away!"
    Shaun of the Dead - Good vocal work! | SPIKE

Coffee is slowly curing this affliction.
    Hmmm, coffee

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    I'm sincerely very happy for you. I have seen people around me reclaim their lives through medication, and it warms my heart to know that they can at least function again.

For a long time I have contemplated antidepressants, but I have decided at this point not to take them (and I would never advocate for people to go down the route I have chosen; because I specifically tailored it for me and what I trust in myself that I know I can handle). Using medication is not weak; it's smart, logical, and medically sound, because clinical depression is entropy of the brain. There is a point at which no amount of self work can help you get through the day.

From my position, I wouldn't say I am "out of depression" (whatever that may mean; it seems like it's been a constant experience of mine since birth haha), but I cannot begin to describe the transformations (for better or worse) I have experienced through it. I'm an incessantly positive person (lols) so that's possibly where my perspective here is oriented; but I am through the mist and over the mountains I guess. It may be a paradox, but whilst my brain may not be predisposed to happiness, I experience happiness on a daily basis through meaning, gratitude and self awareness.

I don't know whether the positives of not taking meds have outweighed the 'negatives' in my experience, but I like where I'm at now. And I am grateful that I can now see my internal strength, and so I let it envelop me on a daily basis. I also like that I have learned to let go.

Perhaps you can do all this even with meds, I don't know. This has just been my experience.
    I did a whole lot of self work as well. It made me realize a lot of things about myself as well. Beforehand I was just depressed about regular things, so I just dealt with it and was generally fine. But then there was the straw that broke the camel's back. And I found it hard to function like a normal human being I was so depressed, I couldn't focus, I was really unpleasant, always sad, it sucked. So I decided it was about time to do something about it before I got taken over.

I must say when I was taken out of depression, I got really balanced out. I used to be a whole lot more introspective; but now I seem to be pretty balanced between being introspective and in the moment. It was bout 4/5 and 1/5 before. Not fun.

It was such a strange feeling; because I had never felt anything different in my entire life. But it was a very good feeling. I felt very normal; I was thankful.

This is day 5 of them.

lol @ the post order, your long thought out post and then "Hmmm, coffee."
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

The best time to think through an emotional problem is when you're working out! Try it! I feel so good after it, both physically and mentally.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I have a feeling that a friend of mine has Asperger's syndrome. He doesn't seem to know how to express himself in a manner that makes other people comfortable (if at all), and he usually seems emotionless, though he has strong feelings. He also shows an inability to interpret other people's behavior; he can't seem to tell from a person's tone of voice and body language that they're joking, which is something I noticed but wasn't fully aware of until last night when he got angry with me because he took something literally that was so plainly a joke, it boggles my mind to think anyone could misunderstand it.

For a long time I kept blaming myself for the difficulties of our friendship, but right now it's obvious to me that a lot of our problems relate to a condition of his that he can't help and probably isn't even aware of.

I feel like discussing it with him, but it's not an easy topic to breach. We'll see if I can work it in somehow.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

L'anima non dimora Array Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

I had been thinking of myself badly for skipping the introductions´thread.

But, now that I see that in most forums, of all the people who post there, only the 20% remains as active users, I feel no regrets.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Fuck, I have hypermobile knees. No wonder they hurt so much while hiking -_-. I'm a freak .

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

24 more minutes of walk-in for the week.... and so far no students. I'd like to keep it that way, please.

Except the one student who said he was coming by to talk about Costa Rica-- he may do so.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

L'anima non dimora Array Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

My nose stopped itching.

No more kleenex attached to my face now.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I really, really should stay away from anything from the past. Now I was social profilespying some old enemies and then I saw this guy from the old days and I figured he was actually kinda cute... But fortunately he's a boring asshole. YAY!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

HOLY CRAP THIS COFFEE IS STRONG!! LIKE MORE POWERFUL THAN THE EXPRESSO