User Tag List

Page 4583 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 358340834483453345734581458245834584458545934633468350835583 ... LastLast
Results 45,821 to 45,830 of 67835

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I really wish I could savor and really take it all in when reading for school, but no it's all always just about "getting it done". Ugh I hate being rushed...
    「 」

"Thông tin khá bổ ích, mong mọi người sẽ đóng góp nhiều hơn thông tin dạng như thế này để forum thêm phần đa dạng."
    -jasonrobert252

9w8-2w1-6w7

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    Likes Olm the Water King liked this post

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Scottish independence: Yes or no?

I found this amazing post from a blog and i just gotta post it here:

Do not waste your precious time chasing people who are not interested in being a part of your life. The people you choose to surround yourself with should appreciate, value, nourish, and support you. And you should do the same for them. In Joel Osteen’s book Every Day a Friday, he shares some interesting statistics:

25% of the people you meet will not like you
    25% of the people you meet will not like you but could be persuaded to
    25% of the people you meet will like you but could be persuaded not to
    25% of the people you meet will like you and stand by you no matter what
    Find the people who like you and will stand by you no matter what. And when it comes to true friends, focus on quality not quantity.

It is also important to realize that those statistics go both ways. You are not going to like everyone and everyone is not going to like you. You do not have to accept everyone and everyone does not have to accept you. Any anxiety related to rejection or acceptance is taken away once you realize that YOU also have the right to reject and accept.

Think about it, you respectfully reject and accept every day without even knowing it. You may meet someone, politely talk for a while, say goodbye, and then never see that person again without even giving it a second thought. Or you may meet someone and strike up a great conversation. You may think to yourself, “we have a lot in common” or “I’d like to get to know this person better” so you ask for their phone number in hopes of a new friendship or relationship.

There will be times in life when another person does not value you. They may make you feel like YOU are the lucky one to be in a friendship or relationship with them. Or they may make you feel like you have to take a number or get in line to spend time with them because they are too busy. Or they may be constantly watching their watch while you are with them because they have their mind on being somewhere else. These types of friendships and relationships will most likely fade away especially if you are the only one making all of the effort. Don’t waste your time pursuing people who don’t mutually respect or appreciate you.

In other cases, people may reject you from the very start or reject you after getting to know you. As painful as that may be, remember you also have every right to reject someone who you don’t feel connected to. Don’t ever let anyone make you feel any less about yourself. Just because they reject you doesn’t mean that you don’t have anything to offer. Look at it as “it’s their loss” NOT “it’s my loss.” You deserve people in your life who love and respect you.

Make the intention to be the kind of person you want to meet or the friend you’d like to have. Be kind and respectful. Love and value yourself. Truly believe you have something amazing to offer. If you’ve suffered the pain of rejection in the past, let it go, don’t focus on that. Don’t be afraid of rejection, don’t fight for approval, don’t beg for acceptance. Just go out there and be yourself. KNOW that people who celebrate you WILL come into your life. And be there with an open heart to receive them!

Make the intention to be the kind of person you want to meet or the friend you’d like to have. Be kind and respectful. Love and value yourself. Truly believe you have something amazing to offer. If you’ve suffered the pain of rejection in the past, let it go, don’t focus on that. Don’t be afraid of rejection, don’t fight for approval, don’t beg for acceptance. Just go out there and be yourself. KNOW that people who celebrate you WILL come into your life. And be there with an open heart to receive them!

Likes Kullervo liked this post

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

@SilentMusings is a foil.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    @SilentMusings is a foil.
    lol who for?

Seeing you are interested, my username has multiple meanings. Firstly, it is meant to sound very NF-ish, so whenever somebody comes across me for the first time and reads one of my posts, they get quite a shock My avatars help reinforce the image. Then of course, the name is a bit of a joke. INTJs tend not to keep our opinions, or "musings", on a topic very quiet.

You might also be aware of what "SM" is shorthand for...

Likes chickpea liked this post