User Tag List

Page 4537 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 353740374437448745274535453645374538453945474587463750375537 ... LastLast
Results 45,361 to 45,370 of 67828

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #45361
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    40,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Aw.

    Leave it to an INTP to be moved to tears by a science program.
    Like I said in my blog... it was beautiful and dovetailed with the closing credits of "The Fountain." Things dying to birth new life and thus continuing to live is for some reason that blows me away. But it's more the size and wonder of it all. Sometimes I feel like crying just standing in the countryside at night looking up at the stars.

    Oh. Uh.... okay.

    ... Honestly, I never understood why he was so popular. Never did anything for me at all.
    For me, he's like the Tom Berenger of the music world.

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    people who cry because of tv or movies annoy me. but it's usually fictional stuff so maybe less annoyed because of cosmos I don't know. all i know is an old room mate cried for a long time because a character got killed off from a show. I wanted to slap her. and be like she never actually existed!
    Well, to bake your noodle:

    If we are figments of God's imagination in a story that he is writing, using the utmost of his powers of creation (which means physical creation), then we have as much substance as the fictional characters in stories that we write ourselves to the limits of our ability of creation (confined to the 2D page).

    In other words, we are simply fictional characters to any creator if such exists.

    Some fictional characters seem more real than real people I know.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #45362
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, to bake your noodle:

    If we are figments of God's imagination in a story that he is writing, using the utmost of his powers of creation (which means physical creation), then we have as much substance as the fictional characters in stories that we write ourselves to the limits of our ability of creation (confined to the 2D page).

    In other words, we are simply fictional characters to any creator if such exists.

    Some fictional characters seem more real than real people I know.
    It's so rare that I feel any sort of emotion when people die in real life as well. even people I've known. I look at death in a way as such as good for you. no more pesky life responsibilities. ok so if we don't exist either than we should never feel sad when anything bad happens.

    to be fair though she was balling and being pretty dramatic over it. plus emotions are icky especially other peoples
    by @magpie

  3. #45363
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    40,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    It's so rare that I feel any sort of emotion when people die in real life as well. even people I've known. I look at death in a way as such as good for you. no more pesky life responsibilities. ok so if we don't exist either than we should never feel sad when anything bad happens.
    but what if we are burning in hell when we die?

    Or repeatedly torn apart and eaten eaten by large phatasmogoric sharks?

    Or become the slaves of cruel galactic spirits who dress us in french maid outfits and force us to scrub floors while leering at our bottoms?

    Or are reincarnated as organ donors for a futuristic society of apathetic bourgeoisie? Or as cattle at a meat-packaging plant?

    How do we know death is the end and not the beginning of something much much worse?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #45364
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Two of the three ultimate secrets to professional success:
    1. Shower.
    2. Get in your chair on time.

  5. #45365
    hyggelig Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    16,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Like I said in my blog... it was beautiful and dovetailed with the closing credits of "The Fountain." Things dying to birth new life and thus continuing to live is for some reason that blows me away. But it's more the size and wonder of it all. Sometimes I feel like crying just standing in the countryside at night looking up at the stars.
    It's the little things, you know? Or rather, the near-infinite things. I guess WE'RE the little things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh. Uh.... okay.

    ... Honestly, I never understood why he was so popular. Never did anything for me at all.
    For me, he's like the Tom Berenger of the music world.
    Definitely just had to Google Tom Berenger. No idea. Inception is the only movie I've seen him in. Does he have a pretty hardcore fanbase?

    Okay I thought about it and I take it back -- it was actually a Gaslight Anthem song, not a Springsteen song, but Springsteen has played that song with them live before. Rough-around-the-edges male sentimentality can really get to me.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  6. #45366
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    40,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    It's the little things, you know? Or rather, the near-infinite things. I guess WE'RE the little things.
    We definitely are little, compared to the glory of the universe. Mind-boggling.

    Definitely just had to Google Tom Berenger. No idea. Inception is the only movie I've seen him in. Does he have a pretty hardcore fanbase?
    OMG, seriously? Wow. I guess I am old.
    yeah, back in the 80's, he was the "hawt stuff" for some.
    Inception, he looks nothing like his young self and I found him actually palatable.

    Rough-around-the-edges male sentimentality can really get to me.
    What about Bon Jovi?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #45367
    hyggelig Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    16,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    OMG, seriously? Wow. I guess I am old.
    yeah, back in the 80's, he was the "hawt stuff" for some.
    Inception, he looks nothing like his young self and I found him actually palatable.
    I'm under-educated on the 80s. My mom dropped out of the pop culture world for a big chunk of the 80s because she was so bogged down in schoolwork (getting her masters). I think my dad was more into weirder culty stuff like Max Headroom. I only learned about Springsteen because my dad's sister (ENFP 7?) is obsessed with him, and passed on her obsession to my cousins (ISTJ and ENTJ), who I'm close-ish with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What about Bon Jovi?
    I wouldn't call that sentimentality "rough around the edges" at all. The non-sentimental stuff is great for struttin' around and feeling like a badass, though. Especially "Wanted Dead or Alive".

    Edit: I should clarify. There's a particular type of sentimentality that vibes like it's coming from someone who isn't used to being sentimental. THAT is the stuff that gets to me. I put Springsteen in that category, as well as a lot of country-ish songwriters like Jason Isbell.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  8. #45368
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I'm under-educated on the 80s. My mom dropped out of the pop culture world for a big chunk of the 80s because she was so bogged down in schoolwork (getting her masters). I think my dad was more into weirder culty stuff like Max Headroom. I only learned about Springsteen because my dad's sister (ENFP 7?) is obsessed with him, and passed on her obsession to my cousins (ISTJ and ENTJ), who I'm close-ish with.
    Do you know who Mickey Rourke is? He played the bad guy in Iron Man 2.



    This is what he looked like back in the day:


  9. #45369
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    but what if we are burning in hell when we die?

    Or repeatedly torn apart and eaten eaten by large phatasmogoric sharks?

    Or become the slaves of cruel galactic spirits who dress us in french maid outfits and force us to scrub floors while leering at our bottoms?

    Or are reincarnated as organ donors for a futuristic society of apathetic bourgeoisie? Or as cattle at a meat-packaging plant?

    How do we know death is the end and not the beginning of something much much worse?
    if we are a computer program like you mentioned earlier wouldn't that mean when we die our existence is deleted? maybe our base code in a state of suspended animation and that's why people are able to raise the dead?
    by @magpie

  10. #45370
    hyggelig Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    16,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Do you know who Mickey Rourke is? He played the bad guy in Iron Man 2.



    This is what he looked like back in the day:

    Ooh, damn. I've seen him in a few of his newer things, but I never saw any of his older stuff. I read about it, because there were a bunch of articles about his comeback that made me wonder what he'd done in his glory days.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 623
    Last Post: Today, 11:41 AM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO