User Tag List

Page 4528 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 352840284428447845184526452745284529453045384578462850285528 ... LastLast
Results 45,271 to 45,280 of 67713

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    One of the biggest lessons of young adulthood is that no one has their shit together. No one is as confident as they look, and everyone has problems.
    Ha, oh yes. Big time. This starts becoming more clear in hindsight.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    proof that the world is a lie. the fact that everyone pretends when in reality a headless chicken on lsd would run our lives better.
    Reminded of @Z Buck McFate's signature quote: "Reality is a collective hunch."

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    !

One of the more reassuring lessons of young adulthood, too, I think. Less reassuring is the fact that "adulthood", as most understand it, is a myth, and no matter how old you get, you never feel "like an adult". That probably makes most young adults feel better, and more in solidarity with everyone else their age and older... but I was looking forward to being an adult
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Reminded of @Z Buck McFate's signature quote: "Reality is a collective hunch."
    I never read her sig, but it sort of is.
    by @magpie

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

One of the biggest lessons of young adulthood is that no one has their shit together. No one is as confident as they look, and everyone has problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I'm already aware of this, but few people around me have the same problems as I do.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    I'm already aware of this, but few people around me have the same problems as I do.
    Do they need to? Wouldn't you feel bored/boring if that were the case? This is the price of being unique -- and probably also the consequence of being a young 4.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Do they need to? Wouldn't you feel bored/boring if that were the case? This is the price of being unique -- and probably also the consequence of being a young 4.
    Having a social life doesn't have to conflict with being unique, and dear god, I wouldn't feel bored if that was the case, I would feel bad for them. I feel bad deeply for anyone with any problem, but a thing such as an extreme, unthinkable shyness is more visible. Do you really think my life circles all around uniqueness? Well it doesn't! I want to connect, just like everyone else.

MBTI
    INTJ

Carry this one into your 30's. Still applies, if not more-so
    Some people fight so hard to keep up appearances.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Having a social life doesn't have to conflict with being unique, and dear god, I wouldn't feel bored if that was the case, I would feel bad for them. I feel bad deeply for anyone with any problem, but a thing such as an extreme, unthinkable shyness is more visible. Do you really think my life circles all around uniqueness? Well it doesn't! I want to connect, just like everyone else.
    There's nothing I can do about your shyness, but I figured the rest of what I posted might be at least of some help. Personally, it makes me feel better when a negative thought process of mine ends up being type-related, and/or when a problem I'm having is something that people can, and do, regularly get through.

I brought up 4-ness because of the bolded part of this post:

I used to be ordinary, and I hated it, now I am bizarre, and I still hate it. Guess I just hate myself, and nothing in the whole world amounts to my shyness. Why can't I just get my act together?
    Sounded like a 4-ish search for the perfect identity.

Anyway, if that didn't help at all, then I apologize.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

There's nothing I can do about your shyness
    I know, there is nothing anyone can do, let alone over the internet. Shyness fades away over time or it sticks with you for the rest of your life, nonetheless it's a self-process. I just want the world to know, you know? To at least once be spoken about in favor, to have someone show some sort of sympathy and understanding, even if it is the internet. Now I know shyness doesn't improve for everyone, I know of people who are 40+ and are still virgin with a complete lack of a social life due to their immense shyness. Perhaps it is unconstructive, not as it hinders the cure for my potentially incurable shyness, rather that it distracts me from doing the things I am actually good at. Because surely, no one is bad at everything.

but I figured the rest of what I posted might be at least of some help.
    Still, that's very nice of you.

Personally, it makes me feel better when a negative thought process of mine ends up being type-related, and/or when a problem I'm having is something that people can, and do, regularly get through.
    Really? That just makes me feel worse, it makes me feel like all my problems are doomed to be forever since I will be the same type forever. Social 4 is described as being extremely shy, they are described as not knowing how to be part of the social world. Now I know that maybe I can improve, but if it's set in stone like this then I am doomed. It's ideal not to delve too much into typology to be honest, it's a waste of time, but wasting time is what I am great at.

Anyway, if that didn't help at all, then I apologize.
    No, you should be given an award for at least pretending to care for a very short while. It is so rare it seems.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I know, there is nothing anyone can do, let alone over the internet. Shyness fades away over time or it sticks with you for the rest of your life, nonetheless it's a self-process. I just want the world to know, you know? To at least once be spoken about in favor, to have someone show some sort of sympathy and understanding, even if it is the internet. Now I know shyness doesn't improve for everyone, I know of people who are 40+ and are still virgin with a complete lack of a social life due to their immense shyness. Perhaps it is unconstructive, not as it hinders the cure for my potentially incurable shyness, rather that it distracts me from doing the things I am actually good at. Because surely, no one is bad at everything.
    You must have heard this before many times, but I'll say it anyway.

There is normal shyness and there is social phobia (or other related conditions), there is going through adolescence - which always sucks to a certain degree - and there is unnecessary suffering from things that can be helped. That doesn't mean that the first professional helper you meet is automatically the right one or that a miracle will happen overnight, but if you feel that your quality of life is seriously suffering, that is a good enough reason to keep looking for somebody or something out there to help you make things a little easier for yourself.

You keep mentioning more or less the same feelings of loneliness, inadequacy and isolation and it doesn't have to be like that. This is not written in stone and it can be changed.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari