User Tag List

Page 4523 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 352340234423447345134521452245234524452545334573462350235523 ... LastLast
Results 45,221 to 45,230 of 67839

Thread: Random Thought Thread

girl with a pretty smile Array Honor's Avatar
    Enneagram
    1w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    to type a phrase and hit send? you are able to get on the forum, you were in vent last night. I'm not saying you have to respond right that moment but within 24 hours is reasonable.
    fyi, ms. judgmental, i did respond yesterday because i am on vacation now. when i'm working, i have way less free time.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    but still, if you have to interact with a ton of people everyday (like i do, at my job), you're pretty drained when you come home. and responding to messages *is* kind of a big deal. i honestly wasn't trying to be insensitive!
    I agree with prpl that part of the concern comes from how little time it takes to reply to a text. Like prpl, I'd assume the worst -- not that they were dead, but that they had lost interest in me or were angry about something/giving me the silent treatment. On the other hand, if you'd texted something quick like "totally swamped, can i text you tomorrow?", then it'd be different.

Anyway -- glad you wrote him. Hopeful that talking it out will help things
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

fyi, ms. judgmental, i did respond yesterday because i am on vacation now. when i'm working, i have way less free time.
    I'm not being judgemental. you asked. you don't want a response then don't bother asking. because i really don't think if you were able to get on vent and are now posting on the forum that you don't have time to say a little something even if it's i'll get back to you about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I agree with prpl that part of the concern comes from how little time it takes to reply to a text. Like prpl, I'd assume the worst -- not that they were dead, but that they had lost interest in me or were angry about something/giving me the silent treatment. On the other hand, if you'd texted something quick like "totally swamped, can i text you tomorrow?", then it'd be different.

by @magpie

girl with a pretty smile Array Honor's Avatar
    Enneagram
    1w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm not being judgemental. you asked. you don't want a response then don't bother asking. because i really don't think if you were able to get on vent and are now posting on the forum that you don't have time to say a little something even if it's i'll get back to you about this.

well, you both make good points. and i like you two a lot. if either of you texted me and i didn't respond right away, i would hope that you didn't read much into it other than me just being preoccupied.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

"Man Fined For Pretending To be A Ghost At Cemetery, Making 'Wooo' Noises Around Mourners"

Healer-in-Training Array Morning Star's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by silvery sleeves View Post
    "Man Fined For Pretending To be A Ghost At Cemetery, Making 'Wooo' Noises Around Mourners"
    Is it terrible that I laughed at this the first time I read it?
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    *bursts out laughing*

Healer-in-Training Array Morning Star's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by silvery sleeves View Post
    *bursts out laughing*
    I'll take that as a "no", then.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

do you ever wish you could just kill someone randomly but they'd be dead for like a day and come back? not because you want them dead, though i'm sure that's part of it. but not what i'm getting at. actually i don't think i want to kill anyone, nor do i think i could follow through unless my own life was in danger
    by @magpie

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

woah, seriously?! sometimes my friends take a couple days to respond to me, and it's considered normal. like it's just a product of being busy. do most people who are dating stay in constant contact at the very beginning? i thought it was supposed to build up to that over the course of the relationship.
    These little social details like text response time vary so much culturally. Not even talking on a region or nation scale - there are differences even between cities. You probably know this; I'm just expressing empathy with your surprise here.

I move a lot, and where I'm from originally, it's typical to be that reserved, too. Learning the subtle impressions "normal" communication gave to people from more vocal and immediate norms felt so exposing the first few times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    We are together in our terribleness, then.

EDIT: Oh my god. When you make double posts, the forum combines them. I've needed this for so long.
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]