User Tag List

Page 4504 of 6785 FirstFirst ... 350440044404445444944502450345044505450645144554460450045504 ... LastLast
Results 45,031 to 45,040 of 67842

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

This morning, I slipped and fell into dog pee I didn't know was there, while also happening to break a lot of glass. Dog pee is really slippery, I was so pissed, but at least I woke up properly.

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Array Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

Today I saw a customer of mine naked. A female customer. I'm not quite sure about her age, she could be in her late forties but also in her sixties. It's kind if hard to tell as she's from an entirely different social group, but I do know her oldest granddaughter is eight years old, so I think late forties to late sixties could be the right age range.

This woman has had some sort of brain trauma and now nurses have to come over everyday to help her shower. Her bathroom is pretty tiny, so she has to take off her clothes in her bedroom and then walk to the shower with no clothes on. That's why I saw this woman naked; a nurse came over to help her take a shower while I was ironing her laundry.

Because I'd like to consider myself a decent human being, I kept my eyes fixed on the laundry. But still, when I had to refill the iron with water, I got a brief glimpse of my nude customer. Not on purpose of course. I think I was more ashamed of looking at the woman by accident than she was by being seen. As for her body: oh well, it's just a human body.

Turns out my customer didn't know the nurse's name. I did, I already met her at the place of another customer, a 95 year old woman. All the nurses who came here had the same first name. My boss once decided to give the nurses at that place the day off, because I was already there, so I could help the woman go to the toilet. That was not in my job description.

That made me think. I've had multiple customers who got help in the shower from nurses. The customer I visited today has to get naked every day in front of people whose names she doesn't even know. Two months ago a lady 73 years my senior even had me pull her diaper up. I've rarely seen anyone in this situation complain about it; it's a necessity.

And yet people get raised with the idea that their bodies are something filthy that they should be ashamed of. We're supposed to hide them, because if we don't, that means we're immoral and filthy. If someone catches you wearing 'not enough clothes', you're being frowned upon. Same for sunbathing topless or even breastfeeding. Bodies are shameful.

But once we're old, most likely out of our esthetic glory days and dependent on others when it comes to our personal hygiene, we're just supposed to throw all of that shame out of the window. I can't help but think how confusing that must be for most people. How difficult it must be for some to adjust to these new situations.

So my conclusion would be that society and it's norms are pretty fucked up. It's kind of strange to shame nakedness while we're still young, but kind of forcing the elderly to suck it up when they have to expose themselves to just about anyone. I think this would would be better if people wouldn't be such huge prudes. Idk.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

Quote Originally Posted by silvery sleeves View Post
    "Asylums with doors open wide,
    Where people had paid to see inside,
    For entertainment they watch his body twist
    Behind his eyes he says, 'I still exist.'"

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

if I say "I hate everyone" to you are exempt it means you are no longer part of the collective in my mind, so please don't ask me if you're included cuz if you were I wouldn't have said anything to you.

now if I say to "you are worthless piece of cunt garbage" you also not part of the collective but instead of having your status raised it has been lowered and you probably shouldn't talk to me.
    by @magpie

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

@silvery sleeves do you remember on your first profile, when I was completely new here? We had a fight over something, I forget what about. But it ended with you posting a picture of someone covering her ears. I also remember calling @prplchknz an idiot and getting an infraction over it. I don't know, I was just such a jerk in the past. Shame on me!

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    @silvery sleeves do you remember on your first profile, when I was completely new here? We had a fight over something, I forget what about. But it ended with you posting a picture of someone covering her ears. I also remember calling @prplchknz an idiot and getting an infraction over it. I don't know, I was just such a jerk in the past. Shame on me!
    no worries, I thought you and sophia deep were dating. so i hated both of you. now i know you weren't i actually like the both of you. the dating had nothing to do with it, btw just coincidence
    by @magpie

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    no worries, I thought you and sophia deep were dating. so i hated both of you. now i know you weren't i actually like the both of you. the dating had nothing to do with it, btw just coincidence
    Lol why did you think we were dating?

MBTI
    yupp

Lol why did you think we were dating?
    some thread, it made sense at the time. you because you called me an idiot because I criticised her about something. so i just connected dots. they weren't correct dots. you know when it's suppose to be a hippo but some how you make it a giraffe?
    by @magpie

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

some thread, it made sense at the time. you because you called me an idiot because I criticised her about something. so i just connected dots. they weren't correct dots.
    Oh, I think it was something about vegan eggs and you hating them actually.

you know when it's suppose to be a hippo but some how you make it a giraffe?
    Sure I do, happens all the time.

MBTI
    yupp

Oh, I think it was something about vegan eggs and you hating them actually.

Sure I do, happens all the time.
    yup.
    by @magpie