User Tag List

Page 4497 of 6779 FirstFirst ... 349739974397444744874495449644974498449945074547459749975497 ... LastLast
Results 44,961 to 44,970 of 67781

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    There are also the popular kids at school you eat lunch with.
    I don't hang out with them outside of school, and I don't want to. I saw one of them when I was in town this day, but I just pretended that I didn't see him. I'm not a very practical-minded activist, I just like sharing my ideas, though I know no one finds them very interesting. It's just a waste of time, isn't it?

But I don't agree with it.
    Okay, Elliot Rodger was a narcissistic misogynist. It becomes quite clear when reading his manifesto. But there were other, bigger factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    It's just a waste of time, isn't it?
    Venting serves an important purpose. Doing so in writing, for instance, allowed Cioran to get rid of some of the demons that beset him. But it can also reinforce beliefs that are neither helpful nor actually true, which, I fear, it does in your case.

Okay, Elliot Rodger was a narcissistic misogynist. It becomes quite clear when reading his manifesto. But there were other, bigger factors.
    That is not the part I disagree with. I wrote down my thoughts about him in one of the appropriate threads somewhere.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Venting serves an important purpose. Doing so in writing, for instance, allowed Cioran to get rid of some of the demons that beset him. But it can also reinforce beliefs that are neither helpful nor actually true, which, I fear, it does in your case.
    Okay, to me this idea teaches to embrace people more, to love humanity and include as many people as possible. I may not ever do it, but it can still be good to have in the back of my head somewhere.

That is not the part I disagree with. I wrote down my thoughts about him in one of the appropriate threads somewhere.
    Honestly, I'm too lazy to look for that.

Okay, to me this idea teaches to embrace people more, to love humanity and include as many people as possible. I may not ever do it, but it can still be good to have in the back of my head somewhere.
    I think you would benefit greatly from letting others inside your life a bit more. I know it is delicate and dangerous business, but it might yield happiness in return.

Honestly, I'm too lazy to look for that.
    It is not important anyway.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I think you would benefit greatly from letting others inside your life a bit more. I know it is delicate and dangerous business, but it might yield happiness in return.
    Yes, but this was not about me. I have been wanting to let people into my life very strongly, but my heavy stutter has caused me great fear of speaking to anyone. That's what it was from the start anyways, now it's just a silly habit. I know there is nothing I can really do about it and that I have to take risks like you said, but I also know that I will be laughed at by some - speaking from experience. Not too sound whiny or anything. Perhaps that's just life. I can only pray that I will actually do something when school starts, you see, I think I will. A new class full of people with the same interests as me (music), one of them even is a previous childhood friend, and he recognized me! I'm not really interested in friends THAT much, but by friends maybe I can make someone fall in love with me. I am hopeful, it's important to always be hopeful and loving.

Yes, but this was not about me.
    Come on...

I have been wanting to let people into my life very strongly, but my heavy stutter has caused me great fear of speaking to anyone. That's what it was from the start anyways, now it's just a silly habit. I know there is nothing I can really do about it and that I have to take risks like you said, but I also know that I will be laughed at by some - speaking from experience.
    How about seeing a speech therapist? Or using YouTube videos to the same effect? I know many people who got rid of their stutter for good.

Not too sound whiny or anything. Perhaps that's just life. I can only pray that I will actually do something when school starts, you see, I think I will. A new class full of people with the same interests as me (music), one of them even is a previous childhood friend, and he recognized me! I'm not really interested in friends THAT much, but by friends maybe I can make someone fall in love with me. I am hopeful, it's important to always be hopeful and loving.
    I think there really is hope for you, because you actually want things to change.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This song is damn catchy.

She wants to know why he's not home
    Oh I bet, money money money, I bet
    He's at the sexotheque

He never answers the phone
    Oh I bet, money money money, I bet
    He's at the sexotheque

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

How about seeing a speech therapist?
    I've been to speech therapists multiple times, but I found it to be a waste of time, and embarrassing. It's very awkward, you just sit there with some old lady and you have to make a bunch of sounds and it has never contributed anything to me at all.

I know many people who got rid of their stutter for good.
    Then I think you're lying, or you knew them before they grew up. Because if a stutter remains when you're 13+, it usually stays with you for the rest of your life, completely impossible to CURE, though some exercises can be done to relieve it. But as I said, trying to learn these felt useless for me. Every stutterer stutters to various degrees. How come you know so many people who stutter? We make up for 1% of the male population, and way less than that for women.

I think there really is hope for you, because you actually want things to change.
    I want things to change but that doesn't necessarily mean I will do anything about it, but yes... there is hope.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've been to speech therapists multiple times, but I found it to be a waste of time, and embarrassing. It's very awkward, you just sit there with some old lady and you have to make a bunch of sounds and it has never contributed anything to me at all.

Then I think you're lying, or you knew them before they grew up. Because if a stutter remains when you're 13+, it usually stays with you for the rest of your life, completely impossible to CURE, though some exercises can be done to relieve it. But as I said, trying to learn these felt useless for me. Every stutterer stutters to various degrees. How come you know so many people who stutter? We make up for 1% of the male population, and way less than that for women.

I want things to change but that doesn't necessarily mean I will do anything about it, but yes... there is hope.
    You cannot help an addict until he is sick of himself.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

This "Welcome to the 90s" documentary on tv keeps stressing how terrible Eurodance was.

Hey, careful - that's the (mostly involuntary) soundtrack of my teen years you're talking about!!!

*nostalgic*
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari