User Tag List

Page 4494 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 349439944394444444844492449344944495449645044544459449945494 ... LastLast
Results 44,931 to 44,940 of 67712

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INTJ

“If prostitution were legalized in the United States it is rational to assume that prices would resemble those in the Netherlands, this would result in a change in I of 80 and a decrease in the rape rate of 8.6 per 100,000. The population of the United States if roughly 300 million so this should result is a decrease of approximately 25,000 rapes per year.”

“Using this model, it is estimated that if prostitution were legalized in the United States, the rape rate would decrease by roughly 25% for a decrease of approximately 25,000 rapes per year.”

Prostitution and Sex Crimes: Publications: The Independent Institute

"Prostitution presents a moral, economic and social problem that cannot be resolved juridically." – Frederica Montseny

"Prostitution is criminal, and bad things happen because it's run illegally by dirt-bags who are criminals. If it's legal, then the girls could have health checks, unions, benefits, anything any other worker gets, and it would be far better." ~ Jesse Ventura, Playboy interview, Nov 1999.

"The only way to stop this trafficking in and profiting from the use of women's bodies is for prostitution to be legalized. Legalization will open it up to regulation; and regulation means safety." ~ Jeanette Angell.

"If nobody wants to sell sex, it is a crime to force anyone to do so. But when men or women do want to sell their bodies, they should have that full right without encountering punishment or discrimination. If the client behaves decently, the relationship between the sex buyer and the sex seller must be considered a purely private transaction." ~ Nils Johan Ringdal, Love For Sale.

"There are 80,000 prostitutes in London alone and what are they, if not bloody sacrifices on the altar of monogamy?" ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, On Women, Studies in Pessimism.

“Race matters. Race matters in part because of the long history of racial minorities’ being denied access to the political process,” she explained. “Race also matters because of persistent racial inequality in society—inequality that cannot be ignored and that has produced stark socioeconomic disparities.” – Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor

“And race matters for reasons that really are only skin deep, that cannot be discussed any other way, and that cannot be wished away. Race matters to a young man’s view of society when he spends his teenage years watching others tense up as he passes, no matter the neighborhood where he grew up. Race matters to a young woman’s sense of self when she states her hometown, and then is pressed, “No, where are you really from?”, regardless of how many generations her family has been in the country. Race matters to a young person addressed by a stranger in a foreign language, which he does not understand because only English was spoken at home. Race matters because of the slights, the snickers, the silent judgments that reinforce that most crippling of thoughts: ‘I do not belong here.’ – Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

"Are you better off now than 5 years ago?" Get some new lines, fellas.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    "Are you better off now than 5 years ago?" Get some new lines, fellas.
    I've got a couple about the labor force participation rate, but wont bore you with em.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

أنا لقمان حقيم

I think I'm better off learning Arabic instead of German since I have some background in it.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

since i can't answer my cousin's insane ramblings about knowing jesus will come in his lifetime (without him getting hurt), i present to you -

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    since i can't answer my cousin's insane ramblings about knowing jesus will come in his lifetime (without him getting hurt), i present to you -

Ahh, Tony Hawk's Underground 2 nostalgia.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

You need some wins in life. Self-esteem is a constant top up and without being topped up any efforts you make are only being drained.

An empty fuel container is useless for the engine that drives it. Fail and try again, good sentiment and an encouragement towards hope but there are some failures you can't afford and if you only have failure the avenues narrow smaller and smaller, to the tiniest pin-prick.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Array Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    “If prostitution were legalized in the United States it is rational to assume that prices would resemble those in the Netherlands, this would result in a change in I of 80 and a decrease in the rape rate of 8.6 per 100,000. The population of the United States if roughly 300 million so this should result is a decrease of approximately 25,000 rapes per year.”

“Using this model, it is estimated that if prostitution were legalized in the United States, the rape rate would decrease by roughly 25% for a decrease of approximately 25,000 rapes per year.”

Prostitution and Sex Crimes: Publications: The Independent Institute

"Prostitution presents a moral, economic and social problem that cannot be resolved juridically." – Frederica Montseny

"Prostitution is criminal, and bad things happen because it's run illegally by dirt-bags who are criminals. If it's legal, then the girls could have health checks, unions, benefits, anything any other worker gets, and it would be far better." ~ Jesse Ventura, Playboy interview, Nov 1999.

"The only way to stop this trafficking in and profiting from the use of women's bodies is for prostitution to be legalized. Legalization will open it up to regulation; and regulation means safety." ~ Jeanette Angell.

"If nobody wants to sell sex, it is a crime to force anyone to do so. But when men or women do want to sell their bodies, they should have that full right without encountering punishment or discrimination. If the client behaves decently, the relationship between the sex buyer and the sex seller must be considered a purely private transaction." ~ Nils Johan Ringdal, Love For Sale.

"There are 80,000 prostitutes in London alone and what are they, if not bloody sacrifices on the altar of monogamy?" ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, On Women, Studies in Pessimism.

“Race matters. Race matters in part because of the long history of racial minorities’ being denied access to the political process,” she explained. “Race also matters because of persistent racial inequality in society—inequality that cannot be ignored and that has produced stark socioeconomic disparities.” – Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor

“And race matters for reasons that really are only skin deep, that cannot be discussed any other way, and that cannot be wished away. Race matters to a young man’s view of society when he spends his teenage years watching others tense up as he passes, no matter the neighborhood where he grew up. Race matters to a young woman’s sense of self when she states her hometown, and then is pressed, “No, where are you really from?”, regardless of how many generations her family has been in the country. Race matters to a young person addressed by a stranger in a foreign language, which he does not understand because only English was spoken at home. Race matters because of the slights, the snickers, the silent judgments that reinforce that most crippling of thoughts: ‘I do not belong here.’ – Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor
    Hooray for hookers!
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp
    by @magpie

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram