User Tag List

Page 4474 of 6762 FirstFirst ... 347439744374442444644472447344744475447644844524457449745474 ... LastLast
Results 44,731 to 44,740 of 67620

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    It's the sun of summer, just sucks people out of their dwellings, although it depends on location.

"Alas I cannot forum today, for I has the sun!"
    the sun is miserable

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silvery sleeves View Post
    the sun is miserable
    I agree I only enjoy it in the winter or autumn when it's power is diminished.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

MBTI
    NOPE
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I really don't like how Ariana Grande tries to look soft in her pictures. I find it so grating because she has that look of pity and a certain form of delicateness. There's also her very small frame and all that just makes me think 'doe eyed deer' and it's like... so ugh. I get this sense that it'd be easy to break her.

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Pissed the fuck off.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Healer-in-Training Array Morning Star's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I had a strange nightmare last night about creepy ghosts in my bedroom. First thing I did after waking up was walk over to Mom's bedroom as if I were 7 years old again, and give her a big hug and a kiss (her surgery is this morning, she will be back in a couple of days after her recovery).

Mom's surgery had better go well today, or else I'm not sparing the doctors.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

All is well, just qualified to go all expense paid to Kansas City (my companies HQ is located there) for a conference that all the top first year advisors in my company go to. Spending tons of time with the GF . We ate dinner at the yacht club last night and I got to introduce her to my grandma who was there playing bridge. Then we watched Zero Dark Thirty which she loved.

My boss is out of town for the next couple of days and she asked me to help train the new guy while she was away.

Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    INTJ

Notice that when one puts some sand in a cup of water, the sand is clearly visible. It can be moved around with your fingers but it never really becomes fully integrated with the water. The notion that drops of water put in a cup can simply just merge and become one giant substance of water is not entirely accurate. The human eye is limited in that it can only see so much to see that it is altogether as one giant unit of existence. Just like it is empirically possible to remove the sand as well as other toxic chemicals from the cup of water, it certainly should be entirely within the realm of possibility to separate and derive drops of water from that same cup in which drops of water were merged. Individuality is still maintained.

According to the dictionary, individuality is defined as follows:

4. state or quality of being individual; existence as a distinct individual.

Individuality | Define Individuality at Dictionary.com
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

Senior Member Array

I was receiving daily phone calls from a call center for a couple of weeks, sometimes 3-4 times a day. At first, I politely informed them I wasn't interested, which didn't work. Then I impolitely informed them I wasn't interested, which still didn't work. Then I decided that two can play the harassment game. So I called them repeatedly for several days, over and over again, and sat in silence until they hung up. It's amazing how effective the silent treatment coupled with obnoxious mouth-breathing can be. Needless to say, they haven't called me back since. When you've successfully trolled the trolls, you know you've done a good job.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Should I feel bad for wanting to be left completely alone when I'm in the privacy and comfort of my own home? I don't want guests, I don't want someone to knock on the door, I don't want someone to call, I don't want pets. I don't want neighbors! When I'm an adult and if I can afford eventually I'll live somewhere far away from people, because when I'm in my private mode, I don't want anyone to see me at all. Here, neighbors always do. Leave me alone! The strange thing is, I desire interpersonal love and public fame so much, yet I'm also like this - impetuously private and avoiding.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    Should I feel bad for wanting to be left completely alone when I'm in the privacy and comfort of my own home? I don't want guests, I don't want someone to knock on the door, I don't want someone to call, I don't want pets. I don't want neighbors! When I'm an adult and if I can afford eventually I'll live somewhere far away from people, because when I'm in my private mode, I don't want anyone to see me at all. Here, neighbors always do. Leave me alone!
    No, I don't think there's any reason to feel bad about wanting your space & having uninterrupted alone time. I make it a point to never really interact with neighbors when I move anywhere. I'm polite but never stop to chat or anything. This establishes an understood pattern that I'm one of those people ''keep to themselves'' - and people tend to let me be, without feeling personally insulted/slighted.
    I don't feel like I need a sense of neighborhood community at all. I hate people showing up unannounced (unless it's a legit emergency, of course). I'd say it's just a personal comfort zone/introvert "mental recharging" thing. Of course it's a matter of degrees- I know plenty of introverts who don't mind people showing up or calling randomly. I don't mind phone calls, I can always not answer if I'm not up for a chat. The people who matter will always understand. I mean, the occasional text to let people know I didn't die & I'm just doing my 'fallling off the planet' thing is always helpful, too. Usually ensures I'm given the space I need with little potential for conflict. But yeah, I'd say it's not inherently bad to want some uninterrupted solitude. In fact, I think it can be very healthy.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.