User Tag List

Page 4451 of 6780 FirstFirst ... 345139514351440144414449445044514452445344614501455149515451 ... LastLast
Results 44,501 to 44,510 of 67800

Thread: Random Thought Thread

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I had to research it because it's my job!
    uh-huh. wait why are you time traveling to the 90s for work?
    by @magpie

MBTI
    Meow
    Enneagram
    :0) so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Summer is a season full of empty promises.

"Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high.
    Then life seems almost enchanted after all."
    - Vincent van Gogh

johari/nohari

infp 4w5 ?w? 9w? so=sp>sx

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Daenera View Post
    lolz,yeah!
    Had to check out the channel, this one is good too: (the alarm clock part nearly killed me )

Healer-in-Training Array Morning Star's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

This whole day has just been surreal for me...
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    uh-huh. wait why are you time traveling to the 90s for work?
    My boss asked me to look into "a problem". The firm I work for worked on an expansion project at a "health and wellness centre" last year, the guy who designed it no longer works with us anymore, and the architect of this job is kind of pissed at us because we were supposed to be aware of the fact that this one room in the corner of the building on the top floor is supposed to be a racquetball court.

Being that it's in the corner of the building it experiences heat loss in the winter through two exterior walls. Being that it's on the top floor it loses heat out the roof too. The problem is that we need to provide heat to this room or else it'll be too cold in the middle of winter, and the heating we were going to provide (radiant panels like this) can't be installed because it would be within the bounds of play in a racquetball game.

I have to figure out some way of delivering heat to a 40 ft long, 20 ft wide, 20 ft tall room that I'm not supposed to touch, other than maybe in the top 8 ft of the back wall of the room.

I went to one of the local universities last night and checked out their courts; unfortunately their courts are squash courts, and in the game of squash the ceiling is out of bounds so when it was built nothing special was done to hide the pipes and grilles and other 'stuff' in the room. And the architect who designed those courts was smart enough to put them in the middle of the rec centre building and on the lower level, so the courts don't even need heating.

These are the sorts of mundane and yet sort of wacky problems that I deal with day-to-day.

You're not wrong about "time-travelling to the '90s" though. One of my coworkers rhetorically asked "Who the hell plays racquetball anymore?"

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    My boss asked me to look into "a problem". The firm I work for worked on an expansion project at a "health and wellness centre" last year, the guy who designed it no longer works with us anymore, and the architect of this job is kind of pissed at us because we were supposed to be aware of the fact that this one room in the corner of the building on the top floor is supposed to be a racquetball court.

Being that it's in the corner of the building it experiences heat loss in the winter through two exterior walls. Being that it's on the top floor it loses heat out the roof too. The problem is that we need to provide heat to this room or else it'll be too cold in the middle of winter, and the heating we were going to provide (radiant panels like this) can't be installed because it would be within the bounds of play in a racquetball game.

I have to figure out some way of delivering heat to a 40 ft long, 20 ft wide, 20 ft tall room that I'm not supposed to touch, other than maybe in the top 8 ft of the back wall of the room.

I went to one of the local universities last night and checked out their courts; unfortunately their courts are squash courts, and in the game of squash the ceiling is out of bounds so when it was built nothing special was done to hide the pipes and grilles and other 'stuff' in the room. And the architect who designed those courts was smart enough to put them in the middle of the rec centre building and on the lower level, so the courts don't even need heating.

These are the sorts of mundane and yet sort of wacky problems that I deal with day-to-day.

You're not wrong about "time-travelling to the '90s" though. One of my coworkers rhetorically asked "Who the hell plays racquetball anymore?"
    i thought squash and racquetball were the same thing
    by @magpie

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

There's a speed trap up ahead in Selma town,
    But no local yocal's gonna shut me down.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Default Random Thought Thread

So I'm in this gas station bathroom and I guess the toliet paper was out. A guy walks in with like 2 industrial rolls, and another dude, that I think had to take a crap, was like "Yeeaahh, you got the shit tickets!!"
    Last edited by johnnyyukon; 06-26-2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: dup
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Freesia View Post
    Summer is a season full of empty promises.
    Don't listen to this song. It will make you feel like shit and find a corner to sit and rock back and forth in.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i thought squash and racquetball were the same thing
    I didn't know the differences until yesterday.