User Tag List

Page 4432 of 6777 FirstFirst ... 343239324332438244224430443144324433443444424482453249325432 ... LastLast
Results 44,311 to 44,320 of 67768

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

yeahhhhhh

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

I wish @RaptorWizard were here to celebrate with me.

With love,

GO SPURS GO

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Be my ESI husband please!

CC: @Chanaynay @Nicodemus

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    Hmm, he doesn't look my style. But if I close my eyes I certainly like what I'm hearing.

Male singers...hmm. There's no one I find really "sexy" other than Justin Timberlake. But that's more for his style, not his voice. I like John Mayer too.

In the end though, if there's anyone (and any song) I'd want to serenade me, it'd be this:

7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

This is going to be a bit of a rant, so sorry about the long post, but I am wondering, am I just shy? A "repressed" extrovert?

I will share an experience with everyone - just earlier I went into town to stock up on supplies and buy some new shoes. The shop assistant who was helping me seemed quite interested in talking to me...and unbelievably I just knew what to say, everything flowed. This is a complete stranger, someone I have never seen in my life. She was impressed when I said I only needed to try on one shoe because my feet are both the same size (apparently that's unusual, which surprised me), and I think she was impressed that I just knew what I wanted and made the decision really quickly, but then we started talking about what I was doing in the holidays and what she was, and before I knew it I'd been talking for ten minutes. I felt great afterwards, I still do, really energized and unusually positive.

I think part of it was that she wasn't my type, just a shop assistant anyway, and there was hardly anybody else there. So I wasn't worried like usual. And this brings back memories of the times when I wasn't worried. When I've been like that people do notice me, a lot. Like when I was at this funeral a couple of months ago, calm, thinking about shit but actually in a pretty good mood, this girl came up and started hitting on me right after the service, literally eye fucking me. And again, I just somehow talked her up, moved her and we made out. I did this. Me, the most fucked up person ever...I found out at the dinner later that she was a feminist, so that was it lol. BUT now I remember that I can be in control. I can smile, go around calmly talking to people, and say really out there things to girls and get away with it...I told her a gender studies course was a waste of time and she should do something useful. And when my brother tried to white knight she said it was OK. Yeah it's unbelievable, all this stuff is coming back now. What I can do when I am not scared...

I am sorry for ranting, I am just feeling really good and kind of energized, the last time I talked to a girl she frowned and turned away as if I was a sea slug or something. And I wanted her badly

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    This is going to be a bit of a rant, so sorry about the long post, but I am wondering, am I just shy? A "repressed" extrovert?

I will share an experience with everyone - just earlier I went into town to stock up on supplies and buy some new shoes. The shop assistant who was helping me seemed quite interested in talking to me...and unbelievably I just knew what to say, everything flowed. This is a complete stranger, someone I have never seen in my life. She was impressed when I said I only needed to try on one shoe because my feet are both the same size (apparently that's unusual, which surprised me), and I think she was impressed that I just knew what I wanted and made the decision really quickly, but then we started talking about what I was doing in the holidays and what she was, and before I knew it I'd been talking for ten minutes. I felt great afterwards, I still do, really energized and unusually positive.

I think part of it was that she wasn't my type, just a shop assistant anyway, and there was hardly anybody else there. So I wasn't worried like usual. And this brings back memories of the times when I wasn't worried. When I've been like that people do notice me, a lot. Like when I was at this funeral a couple of months ago, calm, thinking about shit but actually in a pretty good mood, this girl came up and started hitting on me right after the service, literally eye fucking me. And again, I just somehow talked her up, moved her and we made out. I did this.
    In regards to extroversion/introversion, shyness is very often mistaken for it, when really it doesn't have much to do with it. Further, the I/E dichotomy in MBTI is actually independent of the true introversion/extroversion dichotomy. There is a very strong alignment between them, but it's not iron clad either. It's possible for someone to be an introvert in mbti, but actually an extrovert, and visa versa. Further, social adeptness has nothing to do with introversion/extroversion either. Again that's often related, but it's not a requirement. My dad is an extrovert, and he can be a total social dummy sometimes. Same thing with me on occasion.

I thought was an introvert since I was a teenager and it wasn't until a year ago that I realized it was wrong. What helped sort it out was speaking to people who knew me well in person, and very few of them said I was introverted. Several actually laughed at the suggestion. So despite the fact that I/E appears often to be one of the most clear cut and easy personality metrics to determine, it actually isn't for all. It takes a lot of clear mindedness and time to determine it. I'm not so sure these events indicate extroversion. It might, but I am unable to say. I know the theories on this stuff well, but I am only average at applying it.

You also need to ask yourself: how important is determining this label in the grand scheme of things? A lot of the time, it really isn't important outside of it feeling nice to have a label.

As a side note: you suck being able to buy shoes in a store. I have to get mine online to get something decent looking.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I don't want to divert the thread, so if you could reply to me here Let's get this over with. that would do everyone a favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    In regards to extroversion/introversion, shyness is very often mistaken for it, when really it doesn't have much to do with it. Further, the I/E dichotomy in MBTI is actually independent of the true introversion/extroversion dichotomy. There is a very strong alignment between them, but it's not iron clad either. It's possible for someone to be an introvert in mbti, but actually an extrovert, and visa versa. Further, social adeptness has nothing to do with introversion/extroversion either. Again that's often related, but it's not a requirement. My dad is an extrovert, and he can be a total social dummy sometimes. Same thing with me on occasion.

I thought was an introvert since I was a teenager and it wasn't until a year ago that I realized it was wrong. What helped sort it out was speaking to people who knew me well in person, and very few of them said I was introverted. Several actually laughed at the suggestion. So despite the fact that I/E appears often to be one of the most clear cut and easy personality metrics to determine, it actually isn't for all. It takes a lot of clear mindedness and time to determine it. I'm not so sure these events indicate extroversion. It might, but I am unable to say. I know the theories on this stuff well, but I am only average at applying it.
    My family say I can talk to people "really well" when I want to. My mum gets angry with me about it, she thinks I am just lazy and don't view people as worth talking to. That is close to true in her case but not so universally; I genuinely have a lot of trouble when there are lots of people around looking at me and/or I am in a tight, enclosed space. But when I feel comfortable (which isn't often), it seems I can do OK, enough to make the girl smile, ask me questions and start volunteering stuff I hadn't asked for.

What are some ways that I could help figure out if I am an MBTI introvert or extrovert besides talking to people who I think have a skewed impression of my personality?

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    You also need to ask yourself: how important is determining this label in the grand scheme of things? A lot of the time, it really isn't important outside of it feeling nice to have a label.

As a side note: you suck being able to buy shoes in a store. I have to get mine online to get something decent looking.
    It is important to resolve this, to give me internal peace.

I would never buy shoes online; you need to try them on to figure out the right size as size can vary between brands. I feel the same way about more expensive items such as suits, coats and dress pants. I do, however, buy the rest online.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I don't want to divert the thread, so if you could reply to me here Let's get this over with. that would do everyone a favour.

My family say I can talk to people "really well" when I want to. My mum gets angry with me about it, she thinks I am just lazy and don't view people as worth talking to. That is true in her case but not true universally; I genuinely have a lot of trouble when there are lots of people around looking at me and/or I am in a tight, enclosed space. But when I feel comfortable (which isn't often), it seems I can do OK, enough to make the girl smile, ask me questions and start volunteering stuff I hadn't asked for.

What are some ways that I could help figure out if I am an MBTI introvert or extrovert besides talking to people who I think have a skewed impression of my personality?

It is important to resolve this, to give me internal peace.

I would never buy shoes online; you need to try them on to figure out the right size as size can vary between brands. I feel the same way about more expensive items such as suits, coats and dress pants. I do, however, buy the rest online.
    Best thing I can suggest is to learn over time what introversion/extroversion is and make informed decisions on what fits best. You're young too, your personality is going to have a few more years before it settles. Who I was at 20 is shockingly different from who I am now (25). Granted, I have extra things tacked on that made it more pronounced, but all the same there is growing to be done. It's hard for one to "type" themselves while they are still developing, and you are. What you are now, might not be who you are in the future. You might think people have a skewed opinion of you, but if you ask your friends or coworkers who have been around you for several years, have have seen you in various states, then their perceptions are likely worthy.

I'm fairly consistent in shoe size. I am just picky with style and when if I go to the store they might have styles I like, but not stock it in my size. Instead of wasting time, I just opt to go online. Besides, Zappos is awesome .
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTJ

If you're dropping 4-5 CLEALRY ASIAN pubes on the toilet seat, you need to wax or shave your woman bit.

MBTI
    STYX
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    I'm doomed.
    Yes it’s almost that time of year where I collect a whole lot of games that I will probably never get around to playing properly; the deals are just too damn good.
    Even when the sun is shining, I can't avoid the lightning Oh, where did the blue skies go? And why is it raining so?