User Tag List

Page 4402 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 340239024302435243924400440144024403440444124452450249025402 ... LastLast
Results 44,011 to 44,020 of 67840

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Top 5 Pink Floyd Albums

1. Wish You Were Here
    2. Animals
    3. The Dark Side of the Moon
    4. A Saucerful of Secrets
    5. The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
    1. Animals
    2. The Wall
    3. Dark Side of the Moon
    4. Wish You Were Here
    5. Meddle

Top 5 Can Albums

1. Tago Mago
    2. Ege Bamyasi
    3. Future Days
    4. Monster Movie
    5. Soon Over Babaluma
    My problem with Tago Mago is the second half of the album. The first half is godly. The second is just noodling. For that reason, I have to put Ege Bamyasi in the top spot, followed by Tago Mago and Future Days. I've only heard the albums featuring Damo Suzuki, tho. Are the other ones as good?
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    INTJ

I don’t think that a microscope can see EVERYTHING. I don’t think that the human eye can see EVERYTHING. I don’t think that the human eye can see EVERYTHING even with the limits or non-limits of a microscope. I don’t think that the human eye can see EVERYTHING even with the most powerful microscope invented. There is something someone forgot to mention. The already limited human being is creating another thing (microscope) that is limited. Perhaps the bigger takeaway here is that it is impossible to know, conceive, or think of or think about every single variable.
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Radiohead albums Worst to Best

Pablo Honey
    The King of Limbs
    Amnesiac
    The Bends
    Hail to the Thief
    OK Computer
    In Rainbows
    Kid A
    i'd put Amnesiac and King of Limbs a little higher and bump Ok Computer and The Bends down (electric veins flow through me).
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    I almost want severely overdeveloped Se or whatever the fuck I had when I was little again but my brain is all now, "no think of the consequences" and I'm all "shut up I don't pay you to think you slab of raw noodle meat."
    What I'm like today works best for the situation I'm in, but I have thoughts like this at times. What I don't like is that there is a particular sort of energy I can't ever expect to return to me, and so fucking much I could have used it for but didn't.
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I missed that it was worst to best and not the other way around, and began to question your judgement. But as it turns out, you're a true patrician!

If you switch the rankings of Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief, your Radiohead list is identical to mine. And of the three Talking Heads albums I've heard, I'd rank them Remain in Light > Fear of Music > 77.
    I almost switched Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief around. It'e basically a toss-up for me. Same goes for Fear of Music and Remain in Light

For Neil Young, I'd say:

1. Live at Massey Hall 1971
    2. Live Rust
    3. Tonight's the Night
    4. On the Beach
    5. Rust Never Sleeps

I like the live albums the best because the songs sound better in a live setting, imo. Plus it's a great mix of classic songs and hidden gems.
    Live Rust is excellent, a really good companion piece to Rust Never Sleeps, which is more or less a live album itself with some studio overdubs. Tonight's the Night also has a live feel, considering it's basically Neil and his band jamming in a studio.

MBTI
    mkgr

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    i'd put Amnesiac and King of Limbs a little higher and bump Ok Computer and The Bends down (electric veins flow through me).
    It really depends on my mood. Amnesiac is a good companion to Kid A and I usually listen to them in sequence, like a double album. OK Computer and the Bends were pretty much part of my soundtrack in high school. They're great guitar albums, and I think Radiohead is one of the last bands to push the guitar in interesting directions. Part of the reason they followed OK with Kid A is that they saw little reason in doing another epic guitar album. I liken this to how Bowie followed up his glam rock era with blue eyed soul, then experimental kraut rock...why keep beating a dead horse?

MBTI
    mkgr

1. Animals
    2. The Wall
    3. Dark Side of the Moon
    4. Wish You Were Here
    5. Meddle
    good list. I don't know why I overlooked Meddle and the Wall

My problem with Tago Mago is the second half of the album. The first half is godly. The second is just noodling. For that reason, I have to put Ege Bamyasi in the top spot, followed by Tago Mago and Future Days. I've only heard the albums featuring Damo Suzuki, tho. Are the other ones as good?
    The albums after Damo left declined in quality; they moved toward a sound that was a bit more pedestrian (at least compared to their early work) and which sounded like a lot of other generic prog bands of the era.

Flow Motion and Landed are decent.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

1. Wish You Were Here
    2. Animals
    3. The Dark Side of the Moon
    4. A Saucerful of Secrets
    5. The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
    1. Animals
    2. The Wall
    3. Dark Side of the Moon
    4. Wish You Were Here
    5. Meddle
    1. Piper

MBTI
    mkgr

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    1. Piper
    Hey, at least I included it in my top 5. I think Syd is a superior guitarist to Gilmour, if less technically proficient.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Hey, at least I included it in my top 5. I think Syd is a superior guitarist to Gilmour, if less technically proficient.
    Syd was an artist.