User Tag List

First 34424344454654941445441044 Last

He really sucks.
    Think.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I wish I could calm my mind. Maybe making some tea would help.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    I wish I could calm my mind. Maybe making some tea would help.
    Would have to be decaf tea....
    candles bath
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I had an idea recently;

Everyone has strong methods of communication and weak ones. That's the assumption the idea rests upon.

For example, I express myself well in writing but I have trouble doing so verbally. Someone might be a good speaker but poor at writing, or a good dancer who expresses herself well kinesthetically and not so well otherwise.

Well I've been wondering about ways to 'hook' the weak form of communication onto the stronger one. Or perhaps channel the inferior through the superior, so it comes out stronger in the end.

For my particular dilemma I've been toying with the idea of visualizing myself typing a response into a keyboard shortly before I speak, then read the response as if I were reading it straight from the monitor. It comes out kind of deliberately pronunciated as though it were being announced rather than naturally spoken, but that's good. I need a little overkill to overcome my propensity toward silence and extreme soft-spokenness.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

Lasagna.
    Think.

Phantonym

*sigh*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Chunes View Post
    I had an idea recently;

Everyone has strong methods of communication and weak ones. That's the assumption the idea rests upon.

For example, I express myself well in writing but I have trouble doing so verbally. Someone might be a good speaker but poor at writing, or a good dancer who expresses herself well kinesthetically and not so well otherwise.

Well I've been wondering about ways to 'hook' the weak form of communication onto the stronger one. Or perhaps channel the inferior through the superior, so it comes out stronger in the end.

For my particular dilemma I've been toying with the idea of visualizing myself typing a response into a keyboard shortly before I speak, then read the response as if I were reading it straight from the monitor. It comes out kind of deliberately pronunciated as though it were being announced rather than naturally spoken, but that's good. I need a little overkill to overcome my propensity toward silence and extreme soft-spokenness.
    *laughs* I have the same problem, and I've had the same thoughts about it, too. In practice, I think it would be so distracting to pretend I'm typing, though, that I would do just as well to express myself spontaneously.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Senior Member tastes_like_purple's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram

_
    A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes,
    I screamed aloud, as it tore through them,
    and now it's left me blind...

Being happy is really nice.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

the dog keeps staring at me... it's a bit unnerving... I think I'll let her out!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett