User Tag List

Page 4319 of 6777 FirstFirst ... 331938194219426943094317431843194320432143294369441948195319 ... LastLast
Results 43,181 to 43,190 of 67768

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    I remember when I used to be a person, now I'm just some weird zombie-like thing that always looks sleep deprived. I don't want to be Kristen Stewart!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Ghost Monkey Soul Array Vizconde's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Hilarious
    Yes often at depositions the deponent often get over technical in a definition in order to be evasive or otherwise unhelpful to the opposition. Often the attorney will couch the client or friendly witness and deponent will take the advise to a too far extreme.

In small doses this could have a tactical advantage but in general the deponent in this instance comes off in the written transcript as a smartass. The deponents attorney's objections are mostly BS. He did a bad job.

However I thought the deposing attorney did a good job with the exception for getting mad (which may or may not have happened in the real instance and was only included in the dramatization). The attorney giving the deposition made a good record which could really backfire on the deponent with sanctions for a motion to compel or if it had gone to jury trial would likely have ticked off the jury.

At the end of the clip it said the matter never went to trial. This came off as if the whole process was a waste. However this is the norm rather than the exception. Most matters settle or are otherwise resolved before going to trial.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

LadyLazarus

This guy just really loudly stated that he has poor bladder control...thanks bro I've always wondered but was too shy to ask.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Apparently if you go to the meat counter at whole foods you can get the chicken scraps for free like the heart and liver, my roommate does that on occasion as a treat for her dog
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Look on my balls, ye mighty, and despair: I referenced a Michael Jackson song in a paper on medieval literature.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Apparently if you go to the meat counter at whole foods you can get the chicken scraps for free like the heart and liver, my roommate does that on occasion as a treat for her dog
    You can get sooo much free stuff from Whole Foods if you're willing to ask/be annoying about it.
    /former employee

Warms the place where my heart used to be to be part of a community with such rich content.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Mites are the fastest critters on the planet (distance covered per unit time per unit body length). I've suspected this for decades and it feels great to be proven right.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

My next avatar is prepared...