User Tag List

Page 4249 of 6769 FirstFirst ... 324937494149419942394247424842494250425142594299434947495249 ... LastLast
Results 42,481 to 42,490 of 67682

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    Seriously?. Another kid I went to school with got arrested. Jeez, people. Stop doing stupid shit!
    do you know what kinds of crimes they are?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    do you know what kinds of crimes they are?
    One was already a convicted sex offender and wanted for violating probation and an outstanding DUI charge, and another two were sustained patterns of burglary.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Haha I remember kids bringing all these really imimpressively built papermache structures and advanced science projects. COME ON IVY, You should know how aggressive parents can be!!
    Oh, I totally know! In OM it's very firmly stressed that the kids should be guiding the process and the parent coaches should be there to facilitate only (e.g. show them how to use any tools necessary to build the sets, etc.). And my kid's team had a lot of fun, and they came in second in the "solve a problem creatively off the top of your head" portion of the competition that parents couldn't help with.

My other kid, my son, in Kindergarten, was supposed to do a project on an animal. There wasn't any requirement for parents to butt out of this one but we still wanted it to be his work. So he picked out pictures of kangaroos from the internet, I helped him put them together in Paint, and he dictated the captions to me ("baby kangaroos ride around in their mom's pockets with their heads sticking out" was one of the pages- not exactly ground-breaking scientific material). The fanciest aspect was that he laminated the pages in his laminating machine that he has asked for for Christmas. Another kid came in with a life-sized baby rhino made of paper mache and a booklet of maps and tables about where they live, what they eat, the scientific name, etc. Incidentally this kid's mom also cried when her daughter came in second in the spelling bee.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Every year during the Easter egg hunt for children, some mothers will pick up their kids and carry them around, sometimes knocking other kids over who are trying to do things without any help.
    Reminder (for others):
    Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.

MBTI
    FiSi
    Enneagram
    937 sp/so

Why did it have to be scallops? (Mmmmmm...scallops.) I really wish I'd appreciated the complete gastronomical freedom I had before developing a food allergy. Now that I'm allergic to shellfish, eating at restaurants (especially in Asia) is going to be tricky because of cross-contamination and hidden ingredients. Then again, I'm sure there other food allergies that are much harder to deal with, so I shouldn't complain too much.
    “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” - Hermann Hesse

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Array Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

I earn my money as a help and I have this customer who is an old lady. Every time I visit this old lady customer, she thinks it was necessary to make remarks to me, which I thought were pretty hurtful. Most of the time she makes remarks about my body shape, my weight, my age and my skin tone, but she also makes remarks on how my cheeks aren't rosy enough, how my hair is too long, how my voice annoys her, how I look sick, how I hum 'uh-um' too often and so forth. I guess you could say that this lady is a terrible bitch.

A few weeks ago I had to iron her laundry for her while she was away. The only place where I could put the ironing board was right next to a chair and the old lady had put some trousers over this chair. I knew I wasn't meant to iron these black synthetic trousers, but I was too lazy to place these trousers somewhere else. So I started ironing and this old lady always insisted I'd use the hottest setting for everything. Luckily she only put out some towels and some bedding to iron, which could handle this setting. So I started ironing, nothing special.

This old lady's iron was the kind that blew off lots and lots of steam at completely random times. I figured it wasn't a problem, it hadn't been at other times, so why would it be now? I almost finished ironing and I thought I didn't iron one of the sheets good enough. The iron, that was placed on this kind of screen that was hanging approximately 10 cm above the trousers on the chair, had been blowing off steam again. No problem, I thought. I took the sheet, I re-ironed it and all of the sudden there was a long, black streak on it. That was weird.

I managed to scratch the black streak off the sheet right away. I didn't know what was going on, so I looked at the iron and I saw some black stains on it as well. It was impossible that I had burned the sheet and it was impossible that the iron had gotten dirty all of the sudden. Then I noticed these black drops going down the chair and I realized the steam from the iron melted a hole (about 1 by 1 cm) in the trousers on the chair. I never thought that the melted fabric would evaporate and even leave stains on the iron, which was so far above the trousers.

Eventually I managed to erase all the traces of me accidentally burning a whole in this old lady's trousers. The black streak on the sheets were gone in a minute, I cleaned the chair and I spent some time to remove all of the fabric out of the holes in the iron. I placed the trousers, folded in a slightly different way, on the chair next to the chair it was originally placed on. The old lady never found out about this accident. I didn't feel bad about it and I still don't, because I thought the bitch deserved it for humiliating me all the time.

This accident was so fulfilling I started craving more revenge. Today I had to go to the grocery store for this old lady and I caught myself trying to buy the worst varieties of everything she put on the grocery list. I also caught myself getting frustrated when I didn't find bad quality this or past the expiration date that. I don't think that's a good thing, so I sent my boss an e-mail about how this old lady makes hurtful remarks all the time and how I have a hard time controlling my feelings. Hopefully I won't have to work at her place anymore in the future.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

MBTI
    INTJ

Here's just another random thought:

"And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

In terms of food today is like childhood for me today: for lunch I had chicken nuggets (something I ate all the time) tonight I'm having a grilled cheese,

p,s, my appetite's mostly back
    by @magpie

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

my friend is from puerto rico, and instead of sweeping she says brooming
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTJ

“I don't make them, I see them... and then... they just... are.” – Samara Morgan, the little girl from the movie The Ring
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla