User Tag List

Page 4246 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 324637464146419642364244424542464247424842564296434647465246 ... LastLast
Results 42,451 to 42,460 of 67819

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    Judging a middle school science fair today. Time to smash a bunch of kids' hopes and dreams and futures
    A friend in the same class entered "The Effects of Microwaves on a Bean." For some reason he only got a white ribbon.
    Reminder (for others):
    Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Science Fair Bullshit -

The science fair was the UNfairest part of middle school. Those students who were rich enough to buy the parts they needed, and who had fathers, won the competition. A friend of mine in that class, who was well off and had a father, created a motorized model of the solar system. There was a small motor in the middle of the solar system - representing the sun - with spindles emanating out from that representing the planets. And they actually orbited the "sun." Do you think a 13 year old kid built that himself? Where did he get the small motor? And how did he pay for it, with blowjobs? I don't think so.

A friend of mine who was poor and didn't have a father entered his project, "The Effects of Microwaves on a Bean." It contained drawings of a bean in various stages of wilt after being microwaved for pre-determined amounts of times.
    Reminder (for others):
    Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

FUCK the science fair. I didn't enter anything in that bullshit competition. But we were given the opportunity to do a book report on a science-related topic. Mine was on Einstein.
    Reminder (for others):

LadyLazarus

I have no idea why but, when people say really cliche things it makes me mad and grossed out.
    Internally I'm just screaming no no no just sew your mouth shut, that's so cheesy and fake!

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    How offensive.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I once Envisioned a wise INTJ saying the following directive: "Over Time both Ways I have outlined a Worlds-Vision by constructing a map of Omega Philosophy to make Everything understandable and Anything possible for Will. All the things I've done have been self-taught by picking up on or asking the Ultimate questions with penetrating clarity to expose and articulate the hidden architectures that underlie the experience of living."

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    New avatar for someone
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Science Fair Bullshit -

The science fair was the UNfairest part of middle school. Those students who were rich enough to buy the parts they needed, and who had fathers, won the competition. A friend of mine in that class, who was well off and had a father, created a motorized model of the solar system. There was a small motor in the middle of the solar system - representing the sun - with spindles emanating out from that representing the planets. And they actually orbited the "sun." Do you think a 13 year old kid built that himself? Where did he get the small motor? And how did he pay for it, with blowjobs? I don't think so.

A friend of mine who was poor and didn't have a father entered his project, "The Effects of Microwaves on a Bean." It contained drawings of a bean in various stages of wilt after being microwaved for pre-determined amounts of times.
    Man, what bullshit. Screw that noise. I'd love a more meritocratic world. I'm all about trying to match talent with opportunity, as some of the most talented out there get very little opportunity.

One of our criteria was, thankfully, how much of it the kid did on his/her own. (If that weren't a criteria, I would've slipped it in anyway.) You could also tell quite a bit when you have discussions with 'em about, say, whether they've 'done their homework,' how much they know about the subject matter, how much help they got, and so on.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My kid did Odyssey of the Mind in elementary school, and it was supposed to be entirely the kids' work and ideas. I coached it and let the kids do their thing- when we got to the competition there were teams that had somehow come up with very elaborate skits with production values far beyond the abilities of elementary school kids, even gifted ones. My kid's team came in next to last. Bullshit.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I did odyssey of the mind in 5th grade. I don't remember it, except I think their was paint involved and something about MadTV
    by @magpie