User Tag List

Page 4193 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 319336934093414341834191419241934194419542034243429346935193 ... LastLast
Results 41,921 to 41,930 of 67816

Thread: Random Thought Thread

girl with a pretty smile Array Honor's Avatar
    Enneagram
    1w2 so

I can't believe they still haven't found that missing jet.

Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    I'll take what she's having in not a narcissist, doesn't have substance abuse issues, has a job or some purpose in life, and doesn't try to bring other people down for personal joy.
    I'll take that too with a side of Sense of Humor and Compassion
    Please, don't wake me
    no, don't shake me

Enneagram
    9w1

I can't believe they still haven't found that missing jet.
    My theory:
    Real world enactment of Lost
    Please, don't wake me
    no, don't shake me

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I'll take what she's having in not a narcissist, doesn't have substance abuse issues, has a job or some purpose in life, and doesn't try to bring other people down for personal joy.
    why don't we also give you some marshmallows and a tiara. Geeze selfish
    by @magpie

Enneagram
    9w1

I want marshmallows too
    Please, don't wake me
    no, don't shake me

girl with a pretty smile Array Honor's Avatar
    Enneagram
    1w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    My theory:
    Real world enactment of Lost
    lol! that's the best one i've heard yet.

yeah, i was reading on CNN that they don't suspect foul play but that the plane was deliberately maneuvered off-course by someone on-board. and i was also told that if it had crashed into the ocean, they would have found some wreckage by now, but i dunno if that is true or not.

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

lol! that's the best one i've heard yet.

yeah, i was reading on CNN that they don't suspect foul play but that the plane was deliberately maneuvered off-course by someone on-board. and i was also told that if it had crashed into the ocean, they would have found some wreckage by now, but i dunno if that is true or not.
    If the warning of Boeiing is to be taken seriously then it would mean that the cracks below the communication antennas would have been ripped out. This in turn would have caused cabin pressurisation loss. In which it would make sense to drop the plane to a lower altitude so that people don't pass out. If they disengaged the auto pilot to manoeuvre the plane.

It would make then sense to turn the plane around. If they had no communication while flying low and the military showed up, then they might have shot the plane down or crashed on an island.

/crackpot theory.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    If the warning of Boeiing is to be taken seriously then it would mean that the cracks below the communication antennas would have been ripped out. This in turn would have caused cabin pressurisation loss. In which it would make sense to drop the plane to a lower altitude so that people don't pass out. If they disengaged the auto pilot to manoeuvre the plane.

It would make then sense to turn the plane around. If they had no communication while flying low and the military showed up, then they might have shot the plane down or crashed on an island.

/crackpot theory.
    The Langoliers got them.
    It's pretty simple.

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    @chubber is the remember dreams only related to nightmares? because if not I think what you're saying is bullshit, because I remember most of my dreams in detail and sensations. Or i'll go through periods of it.
    You do?

Why are dreams so forgettable?

It seems likely that all of us forget 95-99% of our dreams for the very ordinary reason that we sleep right through them and aren't paying attention to remembering anything. One dream researcher suggests that it's similar to when you are doing something that doesn't take much concentration, such as driving on an open road, so you are not paying attention to what you are doing.

Are there other mental or personality factors that influence rate of recall?

Some low recallers seem to be less good at tasks involving visual imagination, such as when they have to look at a picture of a building made of blocks and then construct one out of blocks that are sitting in front of them. There may be other "cognitive skills" relating to the ability to imagine things that are important, too, but the research is not yet completely convincing on this point.

As far as personality factors, which many people might think to be the main factor, studies using several personality tests don't show either large or consistent relationships. Nor is there any evidence that some people are too "defensive" or "repressed" to remember their dreams. Several studies are pretty convincing on that point.
    http://www2.ucsc.edu/dreams/FAQ/

Enneagram
    9w1

Well if you're going through a nightmare, it makes sense that you remember it since you're freaking out and paying a ton of attention
    Please, don't wake me
    no, don't shake me