User Tag List

Page 4149 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 314936494049409941394147414841494150415141594199424946495149 ... LastLast
Results 41,481 to 41,490 of 67839

Thread: Random Thought Thread

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I am a little lost for words.

My first thought is: am I a true friend?

And the answer is that I am not a true friend, rather I am a critical friend.

And being a critical friend is an uncomfortable position to be in, because being a true friend is warm and comfortable, and worse, we all want a true friend but don't want to be a true friend.

Our past and abrasive Prime Minister, Paul Keating, said, If you want a friend, get a dog. This seems to me to be unnecessarily abrasive, but on the other hand, who wants to be a dog?
    but true friends need to be critical, but also need to be comforting. it's a fine line between being a jerk and being a doormat. You have to be willing to tell you're friend when they've fucked up but also to comfort them when someone has made them feel like shit
    by @magpie

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I am a little lost for words.

My first thought is: am I a true friend?

And the answer is that I am not a true friend, rather I am a critical friend.

And being a critical friend is an uncomfortable position to be in, because being a true friend is warm and comfortable, and worse, we all want a true friend but don't want to be a true friend.

Our past and abrasive Prime Minister, Paul Keating, said, If you want a friend, get a dog. This seems to me to be unnecessarily abrasive, but on the other hand, who wants to be a dog?
    I would appreciate a friend who is critical more often than not, rather than a friend who is like a dog.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    I would appreciate a friend who is critical more often than not, rather than a friend who is like a dog.
    And yet, who am I to talk, as I rely on the kindness of dogs in the street.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube

ndovjtjcaqidthi

And yet, who am I to talk, as I rely on the kindness of dogs in the street.
    Why do you rely on the dogs in the street, Diogenes. Have ye lost faith in your fellow man?

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Why do you rely on the dogs in the street, Diogenes. Have ye lost faith in your fellow man?
    My favourite dog is called Page.

Page is a large fighting dog who looks as though she could tear a horse limb from limb, but who is the most sympathetic, friendly and loving dog as you could meet.

I sit down beside here in the Kingston shopping village and gently stroke behind her ears.

She puts a huge paw on my leg, then she rests her head on my leg, then she climbs all over me and licks my face.

And as I make my way into the world, I feel all the better for having spent some time with Page.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube

Senior Member Array

My favourite dog is called Page.

Page is a large fighting dog who looks as though she could tear a horse limb from limb, but who is the most sypathetic, friendly and loving dog as you could meet.

I sit down beside here in the Kingston shopping village and gently stroke behind her ears.

She puts a huge paw on my leg, then she rests her head on my leg, then she climbs all over me and licks my face.

And as I make my way into the world, I feel all the better for having spent some time with Page.
    yay dawgz

ndovjtjcaqidthi

You're good people, Mole.

MBTI
    yupp

when I'm talking to someone from australia I'm talking to someone in the future and they're talking to someone in the past. woah my mind is so blown
    by @magpie

MBTI
    yupp

the new support and advice forum reminds me of boobs

because bras give support to boobs bras are worn by women and women are more likely to ask for advice
    by @magpie

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I really should stop blürting out my master plans on Facebook.