User Tag List

Page 4148 of 6781 FirstFirst ... 314836484048409841384146414741484149415041584198424846485148 ... LastLast
Results 41,471 to 41,480 of 67808

Thread: Random Thought Thread

ndovjtjcaqidthi

@Mole what are your thoughts on true friends?

girl with a pretty smile Array Honor's Avatar
    Enneagram
    1w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    So good.

True friends are hard to come by in my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    Dare I say that they are once in a lifetime?
    those relationships usually have to be built, as well - they usually don't just appear in your life, although there might be some instances to the contrary. i find that when you meet someone and you *instantaneously* connect over something, the relationship generally doesn't last as long. that doesn't mean those relationships don't have a massive impact on you. last year, i met a man on a train between philly and washington dc who convinced me to quit the degree program i was enrolled in and change my whole career path. actually, it was this guy, james bernstein:

i talked to him for maybe 45 minutes, had never seen him before or after, but the conversation was *just* what i needed in my life at that moment. if you really, really need it, the universe conspires a way to provide it, i've found. and it always seems to happen at that moment when you are at your wits end and convinced you're all alone in the world. but if you're looking for lasting friendship, it usually is a mix of meeting a compatible person (shared interests + you both have to like each other) but then building a relationship (which is actually a lot of work in my opinion). in other words, people usually evolve into true friends, they don't just come to you that way...
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    If she told me she wanted to take our relationship to the next level, I would wonder why she is talking in cliches.

Is she trying to hide something, or is she trying to manipulate me, or worse, she doesn't know any better.
    I didn't use those exact words, all i did was ask if she wanted to do anal
    by @magpie

Enneagram
    1w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I didn't use those exact words, all i did was ask if she wanted to do anal
    this is true, mole.

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    yupp

sometimes when I'm talking i'll start a sentence, but then stop after 3 words because a.) I forget what i'm going to say or b.) realize it's not important

so I had this thought just now
    you know how vagina's are good at receiving and dicks are good at giving? but in general women are good at giving and men are good at receiving? we just do the opposite of our genitals
    by @magpie

Enneagram
    1w2 so

"getting to know her again has been as sweet as slipping into a bath on a hot summer's day"
    - john f kennedy jr

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    "getting to know her again has been as sweet as slipping into a bath on a hot summer's day"
    - john f kennedy jr
    why did you just say you'd rather give during anal? instead of just telling me no?
    by @magpie

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    - john f kennedy jr
    why did you just say you'd rather give during anal? instead of just telling me no?
    by @magpie

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Default A True Friend and a Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    @Mole what are your thoughts on true friends?
    I am a little lost for words.

My first thought is: am I a true friend?

And the answer is that I am not a true friend, rather I am a critical friend.

And being a critical friend is an uncomfortable position to be in, because being a true friend is warm and comfortable, and worse, we all want a true friend but don't want to be a true friend.

Our past and abrasive Prime Minister, Paul Keating, said, If you want a friend, get a dog. This seems to me to be unnecessarily abrasive, but on the other hand, who wants to be a dog?
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I am a little lost for words.

My first thought is: am I a true friend?

And the answer is that I am not a true friend, rather I am a critical friend.

And being a critical friend is an uncomfortable position to be in, because being a true friend is warm and comfortable, and worse, we all want a true friend but don't want to be a true friend.

Our past and abrasive Prime Minister, Paul Keating, said, If you want a friend, get a dog. This seems to me to be unnecessarily abrasive, but on the other hand, who wants to be a dog?
    but true friends need to be critical, but also need to be comforting. it's a fine line between being a jerk and being a doormat. You have to be willing to tell you're friend when they've fucked up but also to comfort them when someone has made them feel like shit
    by @magpie