User Tag List

Page 4116 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 311636164016406641064114411541164117411841264166421646165116 ... LastLast
Results 41,151 to 41,160 of 67735

Thread: Random Thought Thread

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    + 1

"Whatever you do, 50% of people are going to love you and 50% of people are going to hate you." Who said that? Charles Barkley?
    it's more like 10% are going to hate you 5% love you and 85% not give a fuck about you
    by @magpie

girl with a pretty smile Array Honor's Avatar
    Enneagram
    1w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it's more like 10% are going to hate you 5% love you and 85% not give a fuck about you
    you have to find that 5% and cherish them.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    It's quite fun to watch, though I don't have the whole scoring system and details of the game learned exactly.
    The stones within the house—the red, white and blue rings—count toward who gets points within a given end. The team with the closest stone to the button, the white spot in the middle of the house, gets one point for each stone in the house closer to the button than the opponent's nearest stone.

For example let's say there are three stones in the house: two red and one yellow. If the two red stones are nearer the button than the yellow stone the red team gets two points. If one of the red stones is nearer the button and the next closest stone to the button is the yellow stone then the red team gets one point. If the yellow stone is closest to the button the yellow team gets one point. It's very similar to lawn bowling in this respect.

It's a little sad and a little funny that the Australian knows more about this than most, but then lawn bowling ("bowls") is a relatively popular pastime there from what I've been told.

Have you all been following the winter olympics?
    I watched the very end of the hockey game between Canada and Latvia which is to say I watched young Kristers Gudlevskis, the Latvian backup goaltender, have the greatest game of his life despite being on the losing end of a 2-1 score.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    I wasn't being serious
    It's difficult to tell!

Ginkgo

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Just see some orange soda?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

posted this on facebook so cross posting, but i'm gonna doing it anyways. cuz i'm egotistical

how i feel about life. you need something, but you don't know what. so you continue searching for it, but you never find it and at your death bed you realize that you wasted your whole life, trying to figure out that last thing you need. and think back and realize you should have been living your life. and that you probably would have found it. So in other words don't worry about it, because unless it's food, shelter, the basics. that thing that you need that you don't know you'll probably find simply by living your life. or perhaps, you'll be having so much fun in life that you'll forget about it, and then that means the thought you needed the thing you couldn't figure out; you didn't need after all.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post

Have you all been following the winter olympics?

Pretty much you have 8 rocks (I don't know the technical term) per team and the idea is to get your rocks closest to the centre ring. And deny the other team from being there by hitting their rocks out of play. At the end of 8 rocks whomever's are the closest to the ring get points. So if one team has one rock closest they get one point, but if they have 3 then they get 3 points and so on.

This is an incredibly over simplified version of scoring.

And oh my god yes. We don't get much snow here so it's fun to watch.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    The stones within the house—the red, white and blue rings—count toward who gets points within a given end. The team with the closest stone to the button, the white spot in the middle of the house, gets one point for each stone in the house closer to the button than the opponent's nearest stone.

For example let's say there are three stones in the house: two red and one yellow. If the two red stones are nearer the button than the yellow stone the red team gets two points. If one of the red stones is nearer the button and the next closest stone to the button is the yellow stone then the red team gets one point. If the yellow stone is closest to the button the yellow team gets one point. It's very similar to lawn bowling in this respect.

It's a little sad and a little funny that the Australian knows more about this than most, but then lawn bowling ("bowls") is a relatively popular pastime there from what I've been told.

I watched the very end of the hockey game between Canada and Latvia which is to say I watched young Kristers Gudlevskis, the Latvian backup goaltender, have the greatest game of his life despite being on the losing end of a 2-1 score.
    Your explanation was waaaaaay better than mine, which included "bullseye" and "rocks". Technicalities. I has them.

Also, I freaking love watching the curling and the Russian women's team is supremely hot. All of them. It's like models curling.

But yeah, I was trying to work out how the game was played when I realised it was pretty much a cold weather version of bowls or a more complex one than shuffleboard. Both are known as old lady sports, which says a hell of a lot about me.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    We don't get much snow here.
    Be thankful. Very thankful. I don't think the snow will ever end here.

Also, I disapprove of you posting lyrics to 'Africa'. That song is...just...ugh.*

*That said, it still beats anything done by The Carpenters or Peter Cetera-era Chicago by miles. I'll give it that.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug