User Tag List

Page 4115 of 6777 FirstFirst ... 311536154015406541054113411441154116411741254165421546155115 ... LastLast
Results 41,141 to 41,150 of 67766

Thread: Random Thought Thread

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    LOL @garbage. Prpl, somebody slides a stone and then the teammates have these broom/brush thingies and furiously sweep in front of it- I guess to slow it down or something? I don't know.

Spaceballs is fun. "Room service..."
    sounds stupid, why would i want to watch someone slide stones and then clean? people cleaning in front of me makes me feel guilty, like i should be helping out
    by @magpie

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    So curling is kind of like bowling but also with janitors? I'm not seeing the appeal, here.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    janitors? all i know is curling makes no sense, but i don't recall janitors.do they comb the snow? or am I just thinking about spaceballs where they comb the desert i think i'm gonna rewatch that movie.
    LOL @garbage. Prpl, somebody slides a stone and then the teammates have these broom/brush thingies and furiously sweep in front of it- I guess to slow it down or something? I don't know.
    The purpose of the sweeping is to alter the trajectory of the stone.

It's too bad that you don't see the appeal; it is a game of strategy, as opposed to bowling which has no strategy at all beyond knocking down all the pins.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I have to admit I don't understand it, but I do find it mesmerizing.

garbage

janitors? all i know is curling makes no sense, but i don't recall janitors.do they comb the snow? or am I just thinking about spaceballs where they comb the desert i think i'm gonna rewatch that movie.

Spaceballs is fun. "Room service..."
    They should just use a Zamboni

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    The purpose of the sweeping is to alter the trajectory of the stone.

It's too bad that you don't see the appeal; it is a game of strategy, as opposed to bowling which has no strategy at all beyond knocking down all the pins.
    Okay, so it's shuffleboard with janitors.

sounds stupid, why would i want to watch someone slide stones and then clean? people cleaning in front of me makes me feel guilty, like i should be helping out
    This is the best damn thing I've heard all day.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

if people were smarter, kinder, and didn't project. actually listened instead of having their heads up their asses. realize what they're saying is wrong. realize that they are actually shitty people and that's why no one likes them, then perhaps this world could be an ok place.looked at possibilities realized that the person who glared at you on the street was probably having a shitty day, and you shouldn't take it personally. to realize you aren't the top dog, that one day you're going to die. but even though you know that's true there's so many people to meet, and most people don't give a fuck about you, so go in with all you got and if they don't like you that's their problem
    by @magpie

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

So curling is kind of like bowling but also with janitors? I'm not seeing the appeal, here.
    Curling is like lawn bowls on ice. Except without the old ladies and lamingtons.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    Curling is like lawn bowls on ice. Except without the old ladies and lamingtons.
    It's quite fun to watch, though I don't have the whole scoring system and details of the game learned exactly.

Personally, I enjoy watching speed skating (my dad's Dutch so he watches it and I've come to enjoy it apparently) and skeleton.

Have you all been following the winter olympics?
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Senior Member Array

They should just use a Zamboni

Nooo, that's the very last thing you'd ever want to do on a curling rink. A Zamboni scrapes the ice sheet and the water it lays in its wake freezes to form a smooth surface. The ice surface of a curling rink is pebbled:

The sweeping isn't done to clean the ice, it's done to melt the ice slightly and fill in the valleys of the pebbled surface. This reduces the friction the stone will encounter in its path, causing it to track straighter and go farther than it would have otherwise. The sweeping is done only as required to make the stone curl less (and as a side effect go farther).

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I wasn't being serious

girl with a pretty smile Array Honor's Avatar
    Enneagram
    1w2 so

most people don't give a fuck about you, so go in with all you got and if they don't like you that's their problem
    + 1

"Whatever you do, 50% of people are going to love you and 50% of people are going to hate you." Who said that? Charles Barkley?
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.