User Tag List

Page 4010 of 6781 FirstFirst ... 301035103910396040004008400940104011401240204060411045105010 ... LastLast
Results 40,091 to 40,100 of 67805

Thread: Random Thought Thread

violaine

Random Thought Thread Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I got food
    *steals it and runs*

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    *steals it and runs*
    Dick hole

ndovjtjcaqidthi

MBTI
    INTJ

“The mind is sharper and keener in seclusion and uninterrupted solitude. No big laboratory is needed in which to think. Originality thrives in seclusion free of outside influences beating upon us to cripple the creative mind. Be alone, that is the secret of invention; be alone, that is when ideas are born.” – Nikola Tesla

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

“Following instructions is overrated.” – Seth Godin

“Between two evils, I choose the one I’ve never tried before.” - Robert A. Heinlein

“My passion is for scientific truth. I don’t much care about good and evil. … I care about what’s true.” – Richard Dawkins

“Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.” – Marie Curie

“I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.” – Albert Einstein
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

What if Nick Fury and Luke Cage had a child together?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

twice now in my life- I feel like the power of suggestion (me--- suggesting something) not only created the situation to take on a life of it's own---- the people involved became psycho and evil and turned against me.

This makes me feel awkwardly powerful in a very scary way.

Can I find a lesson in this? Do not make suggestions to people (even as a joke- or flippantly) that IRL- you would not want to see come to fruition. We are each more powerful than we think. The power of suggestion is very powerful. (Just look at the media, advertising--- some people are in a sense- brain washable.)

It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

ndovjtjcaqidthi

The end is near. I hear a noise at the door, as of some immense slippery body lumbering against it. It shall not find me. God, that hand! The window! The window!

Senior Member Array

I wonder which of the Diadochi states was the best to live in (though of course that depends on whether you were a native or a Greek settler)

Seleucia - At its height it was absolutely enormous, it stretched from Western Turkey to the Western outskirts of India. I wonder what it was like with the Parthians giving you grief though.
    Ptolemy - You have Egypt, you have the Royal Library of Alexandria but you also have inbreeding in the throne room.
    Bactria - In the Far East. Probably had a bit of Buddhism and Hinduism there to add flavour to the Greek and Persian lifestyles.
    Epirus - You have a nice slice of Greece and you have a badass king willing to fight the Romans on their own soil.

All of these nations were either destroyed by the Romans, seized by Parthians or swallowed by Indian empires. Had one of them survived and inherited the Mediterranean instead of the Romans I wonder how world history would have played out?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I wonder which of the Diadochi states was the best to live in (though of course that depends on whether you were a native or a Greek settler)

Seleucia - At its height it was absolutely enormous, it stretched from Western Turkey to the Western outskirts of India. I wonder what it was like with the Parthians giving you grief though.
    Ptolemy - You have Egypt, you have the Royal Library of Alexandria but you also have inbreeding in the throne room.
    Bactria - In the Far East. Probably had a bit of Buddhism and Hinduism there to add flavour to the Greek and Persian lifestyles.
    Epirus - You have a nice slice of Greece and you have a badass king willing to fight the Romans on their own soil.

All of these nations were either destroyed by the Romans, seized by Parthians or swallowed by Indian empires. Had one of them survived and inherited the Mediterranean instead of the Romans I wonder how world history would have played out?
    Write the next great novel on how it would have played out!
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8