User Tag List

Page 4009 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 300935093909395939994007400840094010401140194059410945095009 ... LastLast
Results 40,081 to 40,090 of 67840

Thread: Random Thought Thread

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Yeah, I don't actually see it. But, if I think of the number 3 in my mind, it's immediately green, I can make it black or any color in my mind, but it defaults to green. (Another example, when I see an enneagram type like 3w4, I see the letters as black, but when I think of them I see in my mind "green 3" w (which is black) "orange 4".
    Might be Ideasthesia instead.

Senior Member Array Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Might be Ideasthesia instead.
    From the Wikipedia page of synesthesia:

I came back from college on a semester break, and was sitting with my family around the dinner table, and – I don't know why I said it – but I said, "The number five is yellow." There was a pause, and my father said, "No, it's yellow-ochre." And my mother and my brother looked at us like, 'this is a new game, would you share the rules with us?'"

And I was dumbfounded. So I thought, "Well." At that time in my life I was having trouble deciding whether the number two was green and the number six blue, or just the other way around. And I said to my father, "Is the number two green?" and he said, "Yes, definitely. It's green." And then he took a long look at my mother and my brother and became very quiet. .

Thirty years after that, he came to my loft in Manhattan and he said, "you know, the number four *is* red, and the number zero is white. And," he said, "the number nine is green." I said, "Well, I agree with you about the four and the zero, but nine is definitely not green![13]

I think mine is sort of like this, since he explicitly says that he is deciding whether six is blue and two is green or six is green and two is blue. This would suggest that he doesn't actually see the number as the color, but he thinks of the number as the color.

Also, in the picture caption, it says: How someone with grapheme → color synesthesia might perceive (not "see") certain letters and numbers.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I think mine is sort of like this, since he explicitly says that he is deciding whether six is blue and two is green or six is green and two is blue. This would suggest that he doesn't actually see the number as the color, but he thinks of the number as the color.

Also, in the picture caption, it says: How someone with grapheme → color synesthesia might perceive (not "see") certain letters and numbers.
    Yeah, I guess you have it then.

Senior Member Array Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Yeah, I guess you have it then.
    I went through my entire fucking life thinking that everyone had these associations (I knew probably not the same associations as me) until an hour ago. This is strange.

At least I'm not one of the freaky ones that describe numbers as people.
    Actual quote: "9 is a tall dark man that is aggressive and rude. Where as 7 is a kind and lean man that is a light blue with a little bit of darker texture."

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I just discovered a place here that delivers cupcakes and I'm over budger by 200 I'm this month so attempted to order a dozen
    I love cupcakes!

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Happy New Year CT!
    Why thank you, even though I know your CT is not the same as my CT

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Array Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

When I was in high school, I was the fat and ugly kid. Last night I came across pretty much half of my high school class. Now they're the fat and ugly ones. I've got a feeling that this year is going to be amazing!
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

MBTI
    INTP

Society should rank people based on contribution.

those at the bottom, well they're put on islands to fend for themselves.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

At least I'm not one of the freaky ones that describe numbers as people.
    Actual quote: "9 is a tall dark man that is aggressive and rude. Where as 7 is a kind and lean man that is a light blue with a little bit of darker texture."
    That's pretty cool.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I got food