User Tag List

Page 3918 of 6780 FirstFirst ... 291834183818386839083916391739183919392039283968401844184918 ... LastLast
Results 39,171 to 39,180 of 67799

Thread: Random Thought Thread

ndovjtjcaqidthi

@Nicodemus

Lol..

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    *laughs*
    *yogurt gushes everywhere*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    It takes delving deeper to see the truth. It doesn't take a 'bad' family to make one gay, but it takes something that prohibits the proper bonding at any stage of the developmental cycle. It could be a dad that works at a distance and is not around much. It could be a workaholic dad that is gone a lot for the first part of his child's life, then stays home the second part of his child's life. My point is, it's not always apparent to outsiders that the family isn't ideal. And it is usually not apparent to the family either, unless you question the youth or young adult having gay feelings. Otherwise, all the people I've known who have lived a gay lifestyle definitely have some dysfunction in some way in which I am referring.

Because they are seeking to fulfill a deep need, whose origin they can not begin to understand without much delving and discussion and consciousness. The choice for them then seems to become either living without this deep psychological need being met, or living with those other things. Which would you prefer? Anyone who has grown up with severe lack in their primary relationships, or who has known an absence of need in some way, knows that those other things pale in comparison to getting that need fulfilled. It is a driving force that stems from a very real emotion and need. It's just that even when that need seems to be met by having a relationship with a person of the same gender (which is a reenactment of the primary relationship, a do-over, if you will), it will inevitably result in dissatisfaction, just as pursuing any relationship out of lack results in dissatisfaction. Because the original need can only be met by the parent, or healed by God with consciousness and therapeutic discourse.
    so basically everyone was pretty much gay up until recently when dads started being active caregivers?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

I can't help it if the waters surrounding the concept of being gay are murky. Use whatever phrases you like, but the concept behind what I said is true.
    What do you mean by this? If you could elaborate and clarify that would be great.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

It takes delving deeper to see the truth. It doesn't take a 'bad' family to make one gay, but it takes something that prohibits the proper bonding at any stage of the developmental cycle. It could be a dad that works at a distance and is not around much. It could be a workaholic dad that is gone a lot for the first part of his child's life, then stays home the second part of his child's life. My point is, it's not always apparent to outsiders that the family isn't ideal. And it is usually not apparent to the family either, unless you question the youth or young adult having gay feelings. Otherwise, all the people I've known who have lived a gay lifestyle definitely have some dysfunction in some way in which I am referring.

Because they are seeking to fulfill a deep need, whose origin they can not begin to understand without much delving and discussion and consciousness. The choice for them then seems to become either living without this deep psychological need being met, or living with those other things. Which would you prefer? Anyone who has grown up with severe lack in their primary relationships, or who has known an absence of need in some way, knows that those other things pale in comparison to getting that need fulfilled. It is a driving force that stems from a very real emotion and need. It's just that even when that need seems to be met by having a relationship with a person of the same gender (which is a reenactment of the primary relationship, a do-over, if you will), it will inevitably result in dissatisfaction, just as pursuing any relationship out of lack results in dissatisfaction. Because the original need can only be met by the parent, or healed by God with consciousness and therapeutic discourse.

I think the ultimate expression a human can manifest is love. And not all love is created equal. I think the highest love is truly unconditional love, agape, which God has for us, his children.

Upon contemplating a hypothetical romantic partner for myself, it dawned on me that if I say, "I am heterosexual and therefore my perfect mate is a male," that is the same as saying, "I am a homosexual and my perfect mate is a female". But what if my perfect mate is actually something other than what I think I identify with? This happens in other things regarding our lives, we think we *know* something but God shows us otherwise.

I think perhaps the Godliest way to be, if we want to live in God's will for us, is to just say we are sexual, if we must say anything at all. Perhaps we should just say we are loving, because we should not really be sexing for sex's sake, but for love, making love the primary impetus for sensual and sexual relations anyway.

If we say we are X-sexual, we are trying to control who we love. And we are saying that who we love is based on who we want to have sex with. We are allowing our sexual inclinations (more superficial) to dictate love. Since love is THE primary substance of everything (because God is love and God is everything), this is wrong. So, for these reasons identifying who we are based on some misguided sexual notions, is not Godly.

So, no, I'm not bisexual. I'm not heterosexual. I'm not homosexual. I'm just loving. And when God wants me to have a sexualoving relationship, he'll give me someone to love that I may be sexual with.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Ginkgo

I don't think I could be long-term friends with anyone who was essentially Freudian in their way of thinking.

Doesn't Read Your Posts Array Haight's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTj

I wonder if this burning sensation will stop if I put ice on it? But then, do I really want to put ice on it?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I wonder if this burning sensation will stop if I put ice on it? But then, do I really want to put ice on it?
    Sounds like a personal problem.

Doesn't Read Your Posts Array Haight's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTj

As opposed to what other kind of problem?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight