User Tag List

Page 3914 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 291434143814386439043912391339143915391639243964401444144914 ... LastLast
Results 39,131 to 39,140 of 67832

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Ginkgo

This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view.

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Gran Marnier or Cognac? Sculpin IPA or Yellowtail pale ale? Amaretto or Khalua? I need to restock my "bar" and I was going to do that today after work... decisions decisions....
    Me too! I need to go Christmas shopping as well. Might as well kill two birds with one stone.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view.
    Hate that shit.

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Really looking forward to two days off, 1.5 hours to go! I'm giddy from a stimulating conversation I had/am having this afternoon.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Hate that shit.
    Yeah I'm wondering if they're unable to even use their walls, edit their profiles, or see the sources of their notifications.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

haven't had Chinese since June just ordered egg drop soup lo mein ragoons egg roll so excited

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

apparently the lyric is gas pedal and not ass fell off

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    Would you care to elaborate on how this works? This line of reasoning appears to be heavily influenced by severely outdated Freudian ideas.

Oh, just what I said. It's pretty simple really. When you don't bond properly with the same sex parent, for whatever reason, you have this unfulfilled need in you that you desire to have filled by the gender parent that is 'missing'. Since we don't live in extended families anymore, those needs can't be met by an aunt or uncle or grandparent, and are rarely met by a family friend. Such is the way of the nuclear family; if it ain't healthy, the child/young adult yearns for that with someone else. In our society that is most easily obtained in a bf or gf. Hence, the person notices they are attracted to the same sex person and then labels themselves as 'gay'.

So being attracted in a sexualoving way to someone of the same sex means you are seeking some unfulfilled need in your youth because that parent was unable to meet that need. You could just have a mentor or close relative fill that gap, but again, the nuclear family has sort of done away with that.

Also, wanting to sex someone of the same sex, just means you want to sex. Anyone can sex anyone. It really says nothing about love or who your ideal mate will be.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Mor-Bu-Jew-Pro-Test-Agno-thlic

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

On Ventrilo, we're discussing how interesting it would be to see @Zarathustra as a moderator, you know, since he's the kind of domineering intellectual who likes to take charge of everything and make the rules, but is too arrogant to actually follow them himself.