User Tag List

Page 3893 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 289333933793384338833891389238933894389539033943399343934893 ... LastLast
Results 38,921 to 38,930 of 67712

Thread: Random Thought Thread

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I my personal experience people who are very proud of always speaking their mind tend to be extremely self-centered. To always bluntly speak your mind and put your self-expression before the wellbeing of others is often egotistical, selfish, inconsiderate and cruel.
    Is it better or worse than trying to use tact and always having your motives questioned anyway? A lot of people, for instance, seem to find a male who isn't rude suspicious. I often get the sense that people, men and women alike, expect me to be rude and would find it easier to accept me if I was. Perhaps it would help them feel as though they have more control over me. I don't know.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

girl with a pretty smile Array Honor's Avatar
    Enneagram
    1w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I once saw a debate about the nature of politeness where they used the phrase "politeness is not the appearance of respect, it is respect for appearances". There's probably a lot to that. In a certain way, filtering what you say and do is respectful towards the people around you and shows respect for the social arrangements of the society you live in and form a part of. It is not about faking cordiality, it is about creating a liveable environment for everyone.

I my personal experience people who are very proud of always speaking their mind tend to be extremely self-centered. To always bluntly speak your mind and put your self-expression before the wellbeing of others is often egotistical, selfish, inconsiderate and cruel.
    I agree with you, though. I think we're talking about completely different cases. I'm an extremely polite and considerate person. Look back over my posts The people I'm talking about are not being polite out of genuine consideration for others.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

garbage

Re: politeness or no..

Wrap your message in language that will allow it to be delivered and properly received by the other party. That's kinda what communication is--sending and receiving messages.

If it takes politeness and sugarcoating, go for it. If it takes a blunt delivery, go for it. There's no one-size-fits-all to communication.

I treat that as an ideal, of course. There's no hope of reaching some people if you have to bend your delivery too far to cater to them.
    __

An example where I wish people would just be freakin' direct and blunt and get to the damn point already:

"Well.. we had a lot of great contestants today.. and it was hard to choose a winner because everyone performed so well.. and the judges were afraid of having made the wrong choice and they feel bad for those who didn't win.. and [10 minutes of bullshit].. and the winner is [some guy] but the rest of you did well I swear to God."

C'mon.

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Oh my Judas. You betrayed me with a kiss.

Now I have cursed you. And the only way out is the Light.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

garbage

Cool stuff. We're working with a fab lab to design and make toys for kids in need.

Got a bunch of young professionals involved in the design phase, and they loved it. Many of them have been following up to build prototypes and all. Kinda cool to see designs come to life and to be shoved out there for a good cause.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

3.14 posts per day.

and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

a cup of coffee a five hour energy and two dr.peppers and all I want to do is sleep.

For some this is a nightmare, for me it's so much more.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    3.14 posts per day.

NERD.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    NERD.

If loving pi(e) is wrong, then I don't want to be right.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!