User Tag List

Page 3731 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 273132313631368137213729373037313732373337413781383142314731 ... LastLast
Results 37,301 to 37,310 of 67839

Thread: Random Thought Thread

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Being, or not being a people person didn't have much to do with it.

Not having as many connections as some, and not being particularly interested in office bitch work, and not wanting to be a temp employee or paid intern did.

But hey, who is an outgoing 8 eight that's still politically involved in Florida to tell a 5 that his ridiculous assumptions about another's social skills are wrong.

Considering that I got the interview with Waddell & Reed because their most senior advisor met me a networking event and was so impressed he referred me to his boss, I'm not too worried about shitting the bed in social situations.

But yea, please go on making unfounded judgements about me.
    I'm surprised by your reaction. Why do you think I was passing judgement?
    Do you think the financial industry is less prestigious than politics?

Did you get the job?

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Do you think the financial industry is less prestigious than politics?

Did you get the job?
    I know you're passing judgment because you said sarcastically that I am "such a people's person".

Inferring on your part, that from what limited interaction you've had with me, or what you've been able to discern from my interactions with others on this forum, that I am not a people person.

Your statement went even further inferring that my lack of social skills was such that I was unemployable in politics.

I did get the job and am currently studying for my series 7 securities exam.

In the eyes of high society, Politics is more prestigious than Finance. A sitting senator or congressman has vastly more power than the average CEO.

The CEO of GE might be more powerful than a single Representative, but he is still less powerful than even the lowliest Senator. The general public hates politics so much that Finance may be more prestigious to normal folks, but to those who matter Politics is now and will always be the most prestigious path possible for up and comers.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Perhaps it was something in your smile, SmirkyMan.

I know you're passing judgment because you said sarcastically that I am "such a people's person".

Inferring on your part, that from what limited interaction you've had with me, or what you've been able to discern from my interactions with others on this forum, that I am not a people person.

Your statement went even further inferring that my lack of social skills was such that I was unemployable in politics.

In the eyes of high society, Politics is more prestigious than Finance. A sitting senator or congressman has vastly more power than the average CEO.

The CEO of GE might be more powerful than a single Representative, but he is still less powerful than even the lowliest Senator. The general public hates politics so much that Finance may be more prestigious to normal folks, but to those who matter Politics is now and will always be the most prestigious path possible for up and comers.
    I am proud of you for deciding to go from a business of complete corruption to one of merely moderate usury.

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Perhaps it was something in your smile, SmirkyMan.

I am proud of you for deciding to go from a business of complete corruption to one of merely moderate usury.
    I'd rather be on the field making a difference than on the sidelines complaining about how unfair the game is.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

FigerPuppet

I wasn't passing judgement, but rather poking a little fun. I know people on the forum have conflicting views on your communication skills. Personally, I don't know if you are one or the other. I don't care if you are. You shouldn't take what I say so personally. You should be proud that you have gained solid footing within one of the most lucrative industries in the world. Why care about what internet strangers think?

Enneagram
    8w9

I wasn't passing judgement, but rather poking a little fun. I know people on the forum have conflicting views on your communication skills. Personally, I don't know if you are one or the other. I don't care if you are. You shouldn't take what I say so personally. You should be proud that you have gained solid footing within one of the most lucrative industries in the world. Why care about what internet strangers think?
    Because perception is realty.

Especially in the worlds of politics and finance.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

FigerPuppet

Because perception is realty.

Especially in the worlds of politics and finance.
    Do you think the way you are perceived on the forum is equal to the perception people have of you in real life?

garbage

garbage

"So this is the first time in my life where I've been attractive enough to be able to have quite a bit of success in getting dates from online dating. Unfortunately my "type" is white american girls in decent shape."

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

There needs to be a TypoC group for Xbox Live and PSN users.