User Tag List

MBTI
    yupp

go fuck yourself, shit stain

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You're talking about that movie Idiocracy arent you?
    Yup. .. well, that guy is.

Comparisons to that movie are so trite, man. We should all go back to comparing everything to The Matrix and everything will be fi--

--oh.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Yup. .. well, that guy is.

Comparisons to that movie are so trite, man. We should all go back to comparing everything to The Matrix and everything will be fi--

--oh.

Is the red pill not Total Recall?
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Is the red pill not Total Recall?
    It was in Total Recall, too; but it's also in the Matrix. It served the same function, though in The Matrix, it's presented alongside the blue pill.

Aaand.. that community equates 'embracing misandry' with 'awakening from a simulation and facing reality as it is.' Fun stuff.

__

Also from the wiki:
    There are two kinds of people, the "bluepills", the people who took the blue pill or didn't choose yet, and the "redpills" who took the red pill and were freed from the Matrix.
    Wait, there are kinds of people!? Let's adopt this as a typology system.

It was in Total Recall, too; but it's also in the Matrix. It served the same function, though in The Matrix, it's presented alongside the blue pill.

Aaand.. that community equates 'embracing misandry' with 'awakening from a simulation and facing reality as it is.' Fun stuff.

__

Also from the wiki:

Wait, there are kinds of people!? Let's adopt this as a typology system.
    Total recall was better than The Matrix.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Another new avatar, hopefully my last...

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Another new avatar, hopefully my last...

It has a raptor and a wizard! seems pretty good to me : )
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

"This is actually where we're headed. The movie just exaggerates it a little. The whole thing about dumb people reproducing faster than smart people is actually true. Society glamorizes reality tv stars and trashy people. Morality's starting to decay. Technology's already dumbing down today's kids. A century from now, God only knows how retarded the human race will be."

--guy with a Quagmire avatar
    I don't think society has actually been dumbed down. Just that we have more access to what people are actually thinking, so it looks like people have been dumbed down. But do you really think people were any smarter in the middle ages, when most people couldn't even read? If we had scrolls of tweets from the Middle Ages, assuming that everyone could tweet, it would probably look equally stupid, if not more so.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Is there a difference between having friends and having symbiotic parasites?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I don't think society has actually been dumbed down. Just that we have more access to what people are actually thinking, so it looks like people have been dumbed down. But do you really think people were any smarter in the middle ages, when most people couldn't even read? If we had scrolls of tweets from the Middle Ages, assuming that everyone could tweet, it would probably look equally stupid, if not more so.
    Me either. History tends to remember the people who.. y'know, actually contributed.

I just found the juxtaposition of the Idiocracy bullshit with the avatar, but I don't know that I can get across why it's so funny to me

Related -- complaints about 'kids these days' in some form has a long history:
    I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.

When I was a boy, we were taught to be discrete and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of restraint.
    --- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.