User Tag List

Page 3672 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 267231723572362236623670367136723673367436823722377241724672 ... LastLast
Results 36,711 to 36,720 of 67734

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #36711
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    I personally prefer to spell it: yoghurt.

  2. #36712
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Ginkgo, do you need a time out or something?

  3. #36713
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Ginkgo, do you need a time out or something?

  4. #36714
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,039

    Default

    I'm thinking of distilling my knowledge and understanding of typology into educational videos on youtube. Whaddaya think?

    -MBTI basics
    -basic cognitive function theory
    -function interaction and type composition
    -tips for finding your type
    -how not to go about finding your type
    -how not to do typology
    -Fe vs. Fi, Ne vs. Ni, Se vs. Si, Te vs. Ti
    -differences between types


    6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

  5. #36715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I'm thinking of distilling my knowledge and understanding of typology into educational videos on youtube.
    To what purpose? To get feedback on how to improve your skills? Or to help others? Because, having barely figured out your own type, as I understand it, you do not seem the perfect candidate to educate others.

  6. #36716
    meh Array Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,614

    Default

    ^ Harsh, but fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  7. #36717
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Trolls in agreement, dont be creative, dont do anything which might feel them like even more of a lost cause. Big surprise.

    Go for it Green Fairy, do whatever you want and dont expect any of the creepy crawlies beneath the stones to do anything other than try and bring you down.

  8. #36718
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    To what purpose? To get feedback on how to improve your skills? Or to help others? Because, having barely figured out your own type, as I understand it, you do not seem the perfect candidate to educate others.
    Well, I suppose I could wait until I do a video on here and see if people think I'm not INFJ. But from the opinion polls and such it seems that the overwhelming majority agrees with me, so it's very unlikely I'm mistyped at this point. I don't see myself changing my mind again. But you're right, I should probably wait a little while, at least before I begin discussing things having to do with me (whatever types I could be). The rest I think is a safe bet. And yeah, it would be to educate people.

    Thanks @Lark!


    6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

  9. #36719
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Well, I suppose I could wait until I do a video on here and see if people think I'm not INFJ. But from the opinion polls and such it seems that the overwhelming majority agrees with me, so it's very unlikely I'm mistyped at this point. I don't see myself changing my mind again. But you're right, I should probably wait a little while, at least before I begin discussing things having to do with me (whatever types I could be). The rest I think is a safe bet. And yeah, it would be to educate people.

    Thanks @Lark!
    A type which someone has honestly assertained through their own careful self-reflection and discernment is always going to be more perfect than any feedback from the forum here, the place is full of people who're not making conversation with another living soul and it shows!!

    Their knowledge of typology, for what it is, is all grounded on trying to "know a little more than the next guy", when that's not possible they'll try and highlight any short coming they can in the next guy's knowledge, all to maintain and pretty damn fragile sense of self-esteem. I've seen this before, I'm sure I'll see it again too, and while the game of bluff stays the same the topic or subject matter changes, in the nineties the slowly dying marxist pseudo-intellectuals where great at it, its there in a different shape among libertarians and others like them.

    Have at it, new talent is always good and even if its developing talent so what? Away you go

  10. #36720
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    A type which someone has honestly assertained through their own careful self-reflection and discernment is always going to be more perfect than any feedback from the forum here,
    Yes.

    On the contrary, @Nicodemus, I think if I have truly found my type, I am one of the best people to be educating others. Being uncertain has forced me to do a lot of research and analysis, beyond that of the ordinary person who has always taken their type for granted; and since I've questioned and re-evaluated my own thoughts so many times, I think what I know is pretty unbiased.


    6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO