User Tag List

Page 3656 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 265631563556360636463654365536563657365836663706375641564656 ... LastLast
Results 36,551 to 36,560 of 67835

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Noice! Maybe I'll embrace the lazy too and stop trying to think about squeezing some exercise in today. Yoga tomorrow morning. Wine tonight. Enjoy, brotha.
    This is the second time in a few days that someone has thought I was a man! Is my user name? Communication style? Being a TP? Or the really short hair cut in the profile pic?

I need to look at @Coriolis gender communication thread again. No bend on you, nicolita. I know I don't come across as particularly 'feminine' in real life but it's interesting that a portion of people online automatically think I'm male.

Or you may not have meant that literally...how quickly does caffeine take affect?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    This is the second time in a few days that someone has thought I was a man! Is my user name? Communication style? Being a TP? Or the really short hair cut in the profile pic?

I need to look at @Coriolis gender communication thread again. No bend on you, nicolita. I know I don't come across as particularly 'feminine' in real life but it's interesting that a portion of people online automatically think I'm male.

Or you may not have meant that literally...how quickly does caffeine take affect?
    I admit, I think I was thinking you were a man. I think it was because of your username and no other more significant signals to point in either direction. I definitely wouldn't say your communication style or picture or anything else seem masculine though. Just like a normal person. I also use male terms to refer to ladies sometimes too. I call girls man and dude a lot, so I'm not exactly careful with gender either. Sorry if that made you feel yucky
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think it is just the username. The redbone coonhound is a popular hunting dog around here, and it's mostly men who hunt. And I don't think most people look at profile pics before the respond to posts. I don't, usually. I knew you weren't a dude but if I didn't know I might make that assumption based on the username alone. Then I'd feel terrible about it.

girl with a pretty smile Array Honor's Avatar
    Enneagram
    1w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I admit, I think I was thinking you were a man. I think it was because of your username and no other more significant signals to point in either direction. I definitely wouldn't say your communication style or picture or anything else seem masculine though. Just like a normal person. I also use male terms to refer to ladies sometimes too. I call girls man and dude a lot, so I'm not exactly careful with gender either. Sorry if that made you feel yucky
    redbone, not sure if it helps, but before i had an avatar, someone thought i was a man on this forum. it's not specific to you, gender can be confusing to determine online.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I still get this now and then, too, but to be honest I don't really care. Unless the topic is something strongly gender related, it shouldn't matter. Given the absence of usual cues online, people are bound to err. You can check out the thread, but I'm not sure anything definitive came out of it, at least regarding posting style, which is what I was trying to get at. Many people reveal gender in username or avatar, but I was more curious about how people make gender conclusions absent these indicators.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Cool. Does that mean they have to help me with just one act, or all of them?
    Its up to you now.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I know redbone's a she. I win now give me all your monies.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Naw, @nicolita...it's all good. I find it interesting and curious, not offensive.

@Ivy, I keep forgetting that this is the name of a dog breed! My user name is a reference to my appearance and ancestry:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=redbone

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Whoa, @Redbone! That is the coolest thing. That sounds so beautiful! Thank you for sharing that. I say keep the cool ass name
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I've been thinking all day about how awesome the movie Ghost World is, and about how I should totally watch it when I get home.

Actual likelihood of watching it: .000001%