User Tag List

Page 3647 of 6781 FirstFirst ... 264731473547359736373645364636473648364936573697374741474647 ... LastLast
Results 36,461 to 36,470 of 67805

Thread: Random Thought Thread

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

if they invented a cereal with turrets what would it be called?
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

OH. MY. SWEET. LORD.
    THE STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Oh, that part actually makes sense. A raped woman lost her virginity and therefor her market value. No decent man will want a sandwich that somebody else has already chewed on. She is soiled and no longer marriage material and therefor doomed to extreme poverty unless her rapist is obliged to marry her. Unless of course your worldview and values differ from that of the ancient Middle East...
    Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The Old Testament was written and revised over hundreds of years. It is as far from a sketch as a book can be. The New Testament, written over the course of a few decades by a series of revolutionaries with dubious motives, comes much closer to the definition. Both, of course, were written by mortal men without any help from above. So, he can choose to regard the OT as a sketch and the NT as the real thing, but reason could not have led him to that view. I bet he started there.
    Agreed, though I bet he had an explanation (that may or not be reasonable) for that too.

It would be very fun to see you two debating, hah.

I also suspect he does not fully understand the implications of the big bang. Similarly, relying on word logic (ex nihilo nihil fit) to understand complex physical concepts is generally a bad idea.
    Seems interesting; gonna watch that later.

Morality is relative. Christians have a hard time accepting that; hence the absurd arguments.
    True.

I find it interesting, though, that you even tried the ethical road. Deciding whether or not something is true is not influenced by whether or not is feels good.
    Religions work with the implied idea that a God is a timeless entity, with a firm set of values. The idea that a God would adapt his own values to match whatever people regard as good/evil makes the very idea of organized religions illogical.

So if one believes that some of the ethical standards that the Christian Bible advocates are 'wrong' for us, and yet still believes that this is somehow the word of God, then there's a contradiction.

So a rational Christian has to either:

a) partially disconsider the bible as an ethical guide (using an arguably non arbitrary reason for doing so ),

or

b) pretty much disregard the ethical standards of the western society

I know he isn't crazy enough to advocate the latter, so it made sense to ask how he got to the 'a' path.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

What's the matter with me? Why am I so easily discouraged?
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Being easily discouraged will not work out for you. You should stop right away.

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I don't really expect them to change, either. Yet on the other hand I guess I'd never really devoted any amount of conscious thought towards the subject.

My post was more from a dissociative perspective, only really to say "Hey, I find it mildly interesting that X trait is really the adulthood equivalent of Y trait that most children would express in situation Z"
    A lot of things that kids do, adults also do, they just using fancier language, or more subtle methods.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    OH. MY. SWEET. LORD.
    THE STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!!
    This doesn't seem like a random thought from you. I get the impression this is what you think... pretty much all the time.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    For me it's a pattern that is very, very difficult to break out of.

It's probably not my place to say this but maybe you're easily discouraged because you're asking yourself "What's the matter with me?" in the first place. That kind of doubt makes it pretty easy to become discouraged. I know it makes me easily discouraged.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    This doesn't seem like a random thought from you. I get the impression this is what you think... pretty much all the time.
    The caps make it random-er-ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    The caps make it random-er-ish.
    True, you're usually not quite so emphatic about how stupid you think everyone else is.