User Tag List

Page 3645 of 6765 FirstFirst ... 264531453545359536353643364436453646364736553695374541454645 ... LastLast
Results 36,441 to 36,450 of 67645

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

The Shake Weight episode of South Park is on and I think it's the one of the best.
    "Tell me about the women you hate at work" hahahaha
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Same. I normally forget to rep people, so if I do send one out it's because I think that post is exceptionally awesome.
    I leave rep comments for a couple reasons. Some I'll leave when I don't think what I have to say fits the rest of the conversation.

The others I leave on posts that I get the feeling the poster doesn't necessarily want a public reply to, and/or that they may not really want to talk about in any detail. So to me a lot of the reps I leave are a sort of one-sided sign of acknowledgment. A "Hey, I read your post. I don't really expect you to ever reply, just wanted to say I read you post and <insert comment here>." Depends a lot on the context. Sometimes all I'll leave is a smilie.

Spreadsheet Samurai Array Alaska's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Yep. Reps are for when most of what you could say besides "I hear you on that" or "Plus one" has already been said beautifully. They're also good for responding to game posts.
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

A former colleague, an INTJ who used to be a diehard atheist, has recently become a Christian. Wow.

He's likely the smartest guy I know irl.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    A former colleague, an INTJ who used to be a diehard atheist, has recently become a Christian. Wow.

How did you determine that this guy is your smartest friend? I thought I saw you post somewhere before that someone from your high school you called an INFP was the highest up academically.

I guess I used to argue with someone a lot 3 years ago when I was in high school who could have been an INTJ, and those debates got very antogonistic.

It's like I was a good mental punching bag, since I actually listened to highly extreme thoughts well and could be not disturbed in the slightest, only computing it all.

Some of the most wild conceptions and critical assaults could be launched at me, only to build myself up and extend my strengths.

He didn't care much to get good grades, but likely had a high IQ, and he did lots of funny studies on his own, like understanding the revolutions in science, or reading the whole bible to have evidence of absense.

This guy also said that what makes him superior is that he thinks and mentally pushes himself as if he were an inferior intellect. Maybe it's kind of like the Socrates style of "I know I know nothing".

He also took a lot of pride in the idea of himself being smarter than me, like it wasn't even worth it for him to make reference points from most other kids in the school, but somehow I was often used for that task.

The last thing is that he said very few people are more crazy than he is, and that I'm up there, actually more at the insane level. I actually didn't have mental problems like he did (the guy had to take medicine and get psychological counseling for mental breakdowns intensified by dangerous thoughts).

Outwardly though I was much more radical and eccentric, making me look the most alien. Hey, everyone on the forum who's seen my posting history a bit I'm sure knows how far I penetrate across the horizon and break down all barriers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post

What are his reasons?

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I don't get it, I just don't get it
    by @magpie

Stripe?

I never got to name my company. Maybe I should've mentioned that name.

DFFi: Designed For Funding, inc

Its going to be the long game with no guarantee of success but these guys are 100% evil.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    How did you determine that this guy is your smartest friend? I thought I saw you post somewhere before that someone from your high school you called an INFP was the highest up academically.
    It's hard to make that call, but that's why I said smartest 'guy', as the INFP is a woman.

They had different styles. The INFP woman was pretty dedicated and focused, while the INTJ guy managed to graduate in computer science and law at the same time (with pretty good grades). Plus, he had a trainee job.

All in all, I'd say he is the smarter one, with the INFP being the wiser one.

Interesting story. The INTJ I know would also discuss certain things with me only. He respected me intellectually though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What are his reasons?
    I'm still trying to figure that out. He seems to be a big fan of Saint Augustine, so I guess he was a heavy influence. He doesn't seem to believe in the big bang theory (which is reasonable), and he once replied to this Dawkins video on facebook saying ex nihilo nihil fit (a general principle that says "nothing comes from nothing", {lawyers love latin}).

When I alluded to the ethical bizarreness of the Bible, he said that the Old Testament was sort of a sketch, so the New Testament was the 'real thing'. He recommended this book.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------