User Tag List

Page 3642 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 264231423542359236323640364136423643364436523692374241424642 ... LastLast
Results 36,411 to 36,420 of 67825

Thread: Random Thought Thread

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

flying stresses me out and wears me down. I don't know what to do when i'm flying i'm like this it god, i'm gonna die, clearly the pilot doesn't know how to fly a plane
    by @magpie

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

I don't mind it all to be honest, even though I just called it a death compartment. I like to be morbid; for me it's fun.

I like the turbulence. Always the best part.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I don't care if driving's more dangerous, a car doesn't fall 500,000 feet when it breaks down, well unless you drive off a cliff. but i don't live near mountains/cliffs
    by @magpie

Think Kingsley Amis could be a genuis, he points out an "incidential" style in science fiction in his book from 1960 and I realise that this style has made a huge impression upon my thinking and determined so much of my views and opinions without my ever having realised it or thought about it before now.

To think, I'd have listed so, so many different sources of influence, which I could identify, and all this time one which I didnt think was important or significant has been the "king maker" all along.

When will it all end?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Holy fuck, Facebook is a sadistic asshole. I've never noticed this before, but Facebook actually announces your breakups to all the friends of you and your partner.

How'd I find this out? I get this big message on my wall saying one of my friends has ended his relationship. Not so bad so far, right? The picture associated with this post is of him and his now ex-girlfriend intimately hold each other while smiling together, serving now as a monument of your failed romance and now broken heart.

Pretty bad now, right? Five minutes later, he posts "I miss her so much..." on that same status update.

I immediately just logged out, it was just too much of an overload of feels; I don't need that depressing crap in my life first thing in the morning. Not only is he now heartbroken and alone, he has people offering half-hearted sympathies, and in my opinion the worse, the people emotional sadists who have the nerve to "Like" that status.

The whole thing is warped!

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Holy fuck, Facebook is a sadistic asshole. I've never noticed this before, but Facebook actually announces your breakups to all the friends of you and your partner.

How'd I find this out? I get this big message on my wall saying one of my friends has ended his relationship. Not so bad so far, right? The picture associated with this post is of him and his now ex-girlfriend intimately hold each other while smiling together, serving now as a monument of your failed romance and now broken heart.

Pretty bad now, right? Five minutes later, he posts "I miss her so much..." on that same status update.
    FaceBook is like the guy who slips date-rape drugs in your drink, then dumps you naked along with the contents of your purse in the parking lot after inviting the entire town down to watch.

I immediately just logged out, it was just too much of an overload of feels; I don't need that depressing crap in my life first thing in the morning. Not only is he now heartbroken and alone, he has people offering half-hearted sympathies, and in my opinion the worse, the people emotional sadists who have the nerve to "Like" that status.
    I never quite understood what people are thinking.

"I had my dog put to sleep today." -- LIKE
    "My dad was cheating on my mom, so they split up and I feel horrible." --LIKE
    "I have Stage 4 Lung cancer and only four weeks to live. *sob*" -- LIKE

Is this just sadism? An inarticulate show of support? A bunch of FaceBook 'bots trying to interact with your page?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    "I had my dog put to sleep today." -- LIKE

That dog was probably a terrorist.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    FaceBook is like the guy who slips date-rape drugs in your drink, then dumps you naked along with the contents of your purse in the parking lot after inviting the entire town down to watch.
    Facebook is the uncle that videotapes himself molesting you, but says he'll pay for your college tuition if you "Quit yer bitchin' "

Wait, are we not turning this into some sort of meme?

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    That dog was probably a terrorist.
    I think I saw a picture of it on WikiLeaks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft