User Tag List

Page 3585 of 6769 FirstFirst ... 258530853485353535753583358435853586358735953635368540854585 ... LastLast
Results 35,841 to 35,850 of 67689

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    This thing fails to grasp the point of worrying about racism and sexism, and perhaps even what the concepts mean.
    Although the explanation was simplistic, ime it applies to most accusations made based merely on words spoken at a given time to a given person, so I think it's a pretty decent baseline for people to hold.

Specially people who are too biased to make the call (though those are the ones least likely to give it due consideration).

I'm not in the mood to discuss sexism/racism, but feel free to have the last word if so desired.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    [Bla bla bla], but feel free to have the last word if so desired.
    Thanks.

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

I'm going to try to buy Wonder Woman wrist bands today, but where shall I find such a thing?...
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I'm going to try to buy Wonder Woman wrist bands today, but where shall I find such a thing?...
    My Wonder Woman Underoos came with them.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Looks like the chickens are coming home to roost regarding teachers contracts in Chicago...

From The New York Times: Chicago Sees Pension Crisis Drawing Near

For those of you who haven't been paying attention, unsustainable pension liabilities are what made Detroit file for bankruptcy.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

This thing fails to grasp the point of worrying about racism and sexism, and perhaps even what the concepts mean.
    By the same measure, you failed to grasp the point it was making.
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - XwX Xdw XwX sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    By the same measure, you failed to grasp the point it was making.
    That's simply wrong.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

That's simply wrong.
    By the same measure, only as wrong as your original claim about it.
    The Justice Fighter

I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    By the same measure, only as wrong as your original claim about it.
    That's simply wrong.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

That's simply wrong.
    You presumed that because it did not put an emphasis on worrying about racism and sexism that it fails to grasp the point of worrying about racism and sexism, and perhaps even what the concepts mean; absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence; just because it didn't make mention of the point of worrying about racism and sexism, doesn't mean it fails to grasp the point of worrying about racism and sexism; it had a point it was making, and a legitimate one, and that is what it chose to focus on; often times one does that simply for efficacy's sake; I will admit I was likewise a bit struck by the same quality you have pointed to, but have not made the error of assuming that absence of evidence is necessarily evidence of absence. Considering, in your post, there is an absence of evidence that you grasp the point the piece was making, by the same measure you have used to judge it -- that an absence of evidence is evidence of absence -- you could be said to fail to understand it. Not that I necessarily believe that's the case, at least not in full, but if that's the measure by which you're going to judge it, then you should be wary of how that same measure can be applied when it comes to judging you.
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator