User Tag List

Page 3569 of 6769 FirstFirst ... 256930693469351935593567356835693570357135793619366940694569 ... LastLast
Results 35,681 to 35,690 of 67683

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #35681
    Senior Member Array Bamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    XXFP
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post


    No, I'm an engineering consultant.
    Oh so you're putting the big stamp on the plans after the architect mulls over the usage criteria? Or...

    I can only imagine the difficulties in legally placing an unusual fixture in a public bathroom. Though I suppose in theory it's the same as a men's urinal, unless you have to class bathrooms there legally as single sex or unisex.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

  2. #35682
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    My body is crap. I want a new one.

  3. #35683
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Oh so you're putting the big stamp on the plans after the architect mulls over the usage criteria? Or...
    Oh no no, this is just a small renovation and code upgrades project on existing buildings. They ripped out a shower and replaced it with a (regular men's) urinal. I just need to review that it actually got installed, that the now-abandoned hot water line was capped properly, etc. (They did a bunch of other little things at that station too; replaced an exhaust fan, replaced a make-up air unit, replaced all the furnaces, replaced the domestic water heater, insulated a bunch of piping that wasn't insulated, etc.)

    I can only imagine the difficulties in legally placing an unusual fixture in a public bathroom. Though I suppose in theory it's the same as a men's urinal, unless you have to class bathrooms there legally as single sex or unisex.
    I don't know the intricacies of the code w.r.t. single-sex vs. unisex washrooms, how many fixtures per occupant per sex, etc. I know OF them...

    The female urinal comment was just a random comment. American Standard used to make them; google "Sanistand". Try to figure out the mechanics of how a woman would use one. I can't tell if the user is supposed to face the wall or have her back to the wall, and just how she'd be able to squat and hover over the stupid thing without taking her pants and underwear off entirely.

  4. #35684
    Warflower Array Nijntje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    Wow, I can't believe I don't just listen to my proven biological urges and just have a million babies while my partner can freely spread his wild oats.

    Fuck man, I've been so wrong with my life, why did I think I could be more than just my base biological desires to procreate?

    Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.
    .



    Conclusion: Dinosaurs


  5. #35685
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    Wow, I can't believe I don't just listen to my proven biological urges and just have a million babies while my partner can freely spread his wild oats.

    Fuck man, I've been so wrong with my life, why did I think I could be more than just my base biological desires to procreate?
    Menstrual cramps are punishment for you not being pregnant that month.

    (I keed!)

  6. #35686
    Senior Member Array Bamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    XXFP
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Oh no no, this is just a small renovation and code upgrades project on existing buildings. They ripped out a shower and replaced it with a (regular men's) urinal. I just need to review that it actually got installed, that the now-abandoned hot water line was capped properly, etc. (They did a bunch of other little things at that station too; replaced an exhaust fan, replaced a make-up air unit, replaced all the furnaces, replaced the domestic water heater, insulated a bunch of piping that wasn't insulated, etc.)
    Aha.


    The female urinal comment was just a random comment. American Standard used to make them; google "Sanistand". Try to figure out the mechanics of how a woman would use one. I can't tell if the user is supposed to face the wall or have her back to the wall, and just how she'd be able to squat and hover over the stupid thing without taking her pants and underwear off entirely.


    I don't see this working well, but I don't have the right equipment to analyze this usage challenge properly.

    However, I am going to guess that on more than one occasion someone fell into it.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

  7. #35687
    Warflower Array Nijntje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Menstrual cramps are punishment for you not being pregnant that month.

    (I keed!)


    Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.
    .



    Conclusion: Dinosaurs


  8. #35688
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    <funny comic>
    Believe it or not I was in the midst of a google search for that image. It was exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote that post.

  9. #35689
    Warflower Array Nijntje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Believe it or not I was in the midst of a google search for that image. It was exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote that post.
    I seriously want to kiss whomever drew that or give them money, or cookies, something, anything. It's so utterly perfect. Oh god, the face, the IS THAT SO? The 'fuck' at the end.

    Seriously, every time I get cramps now I see that face.

    Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.
    .



    Conclusion: Dinosaurs


  10. #35690
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    I seriously want to kiss whomever drew that or give them money, or cookies, something, anything. It's so utterly perfect. Oh god, the face, the IS THAT SO? The 'fuck' at the end.

    Seriously, every time I get cramps now I see that face.
    That face is perfect. I love that it still has the little smile.

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO