User Tag List

Page 3555 of 6769 FirstFirst ... 255530553455350535453553355435553556355735653605365540554555 ... LastLast
Results 35,541 to 35,550 of 67681

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Sometimes complaining works. Thank you, Laura.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wom...k-and-won.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

it totally looks like im stalking, promise i'm not.

This is the video Laura made for her site: the everyday sexism project

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

That's it. I own too much stuff.
    Fuck it.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    This is the video Laura made for her site: the everyday sexism project

It should be called the everydayharassment project. That goes beyond sexism and wanders straight into misogyny.

It's funny, before I'd ever heard about this project, I thought about starting a thread on here entitled "Common Everyday Sexism", but ultimately thought better of it, because it's depressing, and even I grow tired of hearing myself harp on about it. And of making myself a verbal punching bag in the process for the retards of this site, who are legion.

What I find most strange is how every woman, without exception, who dares to complain about this sort of stuff gets accused, if not of hating men and having mental "issues" then almost certainly of having no sense of humour or proportion. In consequence they are routinely threatened with rape and death by people who seem to have, in addition to more obvious character flaws, the most astonishing failure to appreciate irony. I mean, I can sort of understand the kind of dude, like Lark, who just seeks to dismiss such women and their stories, but the retards who bombard her with rape threats do a better job than she could possibly manage on her own, of highlighting just how alive and well misogyny remains...

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    It should be called the everydayharrassment project. That goes beyond sexism and wanders straight into misogyny.

It's funny, before I'd ever heard about this project, I thought about starting a thread on here entitled "Common Everyday Sexism", but ultimately thought better of it, because it's depressing, and even I grow tired of hearing myself harp on about it. And of making myself a verbal punching bag in the process for the retards of this site, who are legion.

What I find most strange is how every woman, without exception, who dares to complain about this sort of stuff gets accused, if not of hating men and having mental "issues" then almost certainly of having no sense of humour or proportion. In consequence they are routinely threatened with rape and death by people who seem to have, in addition to more obvious character flaws, the most astonishing failure to appreciate irony. I mean, I can sort of understand the kind of dude, like Lark, who just seeks to dismiss such women and their stories, but the retards who bombard her with rape threats do a better job than she could possibly manage on her own, of highlighting just how alive and well misogyny remains...
    I was sad to say that i contributed several things to her site. I also thought about starting a thread regarding it, but ultimately a) didn't know where best to put it, b) didn't want to be depressed by the wealth of feedback that could be possible and c) didn't want to be trolled about something that is ultimately a reality for me on a near daily basis.

From little things like a strange man at a bus stop telling me to "smile, because i'm too pretty to frown", to cars following me while walking home, to having an incident where a guy actually got in my car at a stop light to give me his number, because i was 'pretty'. To being told by my 11 grade math teacher that i would be 'barefoot and pregnant by 21' if i chose a life in the arts (this was after i had dropped out of the hardest streams of math as i ultimately found them boring), to being told by a 10th grade guidance councillor that i wasn't smart enough for my science based future goal (because i was female) and i should do something that 'better suited a female temperament'.

Here is a thread where we talked about some of those things a little bit

cat calls and wolf whistles
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

What I find frustrating is the sarcastic comments that come back when you express this. Like, "Oh, poor you, it must be SO HARD being attractive to the opposite sex." Well, no, that's not what this is about. I'm really not that attractive to the opposite sex but even I get this from time to time, and it's disturbing because it just drives home that many men don't understand that we are in "don't get raped" mode pretty much all the time. So when someone makes it clear that they lack appropriate boundaries, it's hard not to wonder exactly how far over the boundary they'd go. And when someone else thinks we're just being sour about guys being attracted to us, it's similarly dismaying that they don't get what the real concern is.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

i caved and made a thread.

i am now officially a kill joy.

Everyday Sexism Project.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    being told by my 11 grade math teacher that i would be 'barefoot and pregnant by 21' if i chose a life in the arts (this was after i had dropped out of the hardest streams of math as i ultimately found them boring), to being told by a 10th grade guidance councillor that i wasn't smart enough for my science based future goal (because i was female) and i should do something that 'better suited a female temperament'.
    This,
    And this sort of thing:

"I am only a junior in high school. Everyday in class (Sophomore year), a boy would stroke up and down my thigh, but I was too afraid to tell him to stop or to do anything about it, so I just let him make sexual remarks and touch me when I didn't want to be touched. I wish I could go back and tell him to stop, but I can't."

"For a year out of my life I was victimized by a boy I thought was my friend in a classroom. We had art class together and I harbored a crush on him at first because of how charming he was, despite how touchy he was. I was young and no one had ever taught me how to react if I was touched inappropriately so when he would slide his hands under my shirt I thought it was okay and this was normal for a guy to do if he found any interest in a female. Nudging my legs apart under the table when I wore a skirt and rubbing my inner thigh, sliding his hands down my pants and eventually down my underwear to proceed to touch my intimate parts IN A CLASSROOM WHERE THE TEACHER DIDN'T CARE. I moved seats out of fear and he followed me around the classroom and would pull my clothing off when he walked by or push his hands down my bra and grope my breasts."

"A male classmate told me after I beat him in a debate "girls like you make me want to hold you down, stick my dick in your mouth, and piss"
    I was terrified"

"I'm in high school and there's a boy in my class who acts like a douche to pretty much any female, being extremely disrespectful, and then when they try to defend themselves he loudly accuses them of reacting so strongly because of PMS, while other boys laugh to encourage his behavior. A lot of girls tried to complain to our principal individually and he didn't take action, so I decided to recruit a group of girls to go together to his office to make a complaint and he finally asked the boy to report to him in recess. My stepmum is a teacher at my school and she heard the conversation between the principal and the boy, which got her very outraged. apparently the principal's exact words were "lay off the jokes with the girls ok, you know how women can be emotional and dramatic about things".
    When my stepmum tried to point out his sexism, he simply said he had already told the boy to behave himself and dismissed her comment."
    Is why single-sex schools are so good for (in particular) girls.

Edit. ^Heh. Welcome on board, sis.