User Tag List

Page 3554 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 255430543454350435443552355335543555355635643604365440544554 ... LastLast
Results 35,531 to 35,540 of 67713

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I've spent at least 15 mins fantasizing how I'd kick their asses if I'd been there. At one stage I caught myself twitching I was throwing fantasy punches so hard. Does that count?
    I was doing the same thing -- so no.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

Happened upon this during a news trawl and am currently hating my gender.

There's just so

fucking

much

of it

ETA: and now I'm wondering if my revulsion is in itself a weird form of sexism. Do I feel particularly badly for these girls because they're girls? Is that kinda sexist?
    I find it makes sense to react to systems rather than individuals. There is a system that justifies certain behaviors in one gender's mind towards another (not equally in each individual, but generally). In that way it isn't inherent to the gender, but it is a culturally imposed system worth rejecting. I also think that when we experience a culturally instilled power imbalance that it isn't about getting it perfect, but to be open to continual internal revision.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

Senior Member Array JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Of course I've kicked ass 5, mayyyyybe 6 times in my life and even then not literally. So the odds of ass-kickage proceeding from my person upon demand are no more than modest.

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

Of course I've kicked ass 5, mayyyyybe 6 times in my life and even then not literally. So the odds of ass-kickage proceeding from my person upon demand are no more than modest.
    I just use astral projection to kick ass. It's easy once you get used to it.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

Senior Member Array JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

It does make me wonder how many "success stories" I've heard of the results of being confident, forceful and openly sexual are actually unwitting rape/sexual-harassment stories.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    if i make cookies will all my problems magically go away?
    if your problems are a lack of sugar and chocolate in your diet, then yes.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    XXFP

It does make me wonder how many "success stories" I've heard of the results of being confident, forceful and openly sexual are actually unwitting rape/sexual-harassment stories.
    The obvious answer would be you can tell what kind of story it is if the girl likes it, but how often do guys delude themselves into thinking the girl likes it?

?

Clearly a lot.

Being confident, direct, openly sexual, and even forceful has its place and is successful. Certainly seems that way. But coupled with that if you have:

- a sense of security and safety - establish/demonstrate boundaries - is she comfortable with you? you with her? (no? then back up and fix that before even thinking of anything else)

- clear communication - establish rapport

- "enthusiastic consent" - not merely "going along with it", but is she really into it? if you're guessing, you're probably in risky territory. don't guess. ask if you need to. (i think it's easiest to screw this one up, especially with quieter types of people where their enthusiasm doesn't peak dramatically higher than baseline, so the less variability they display the more careful/sensitive you need to be)

- a sense that she's free to choose who or what she wants when she wants it

...then you can avoid a lot of problems and everyone will be better off for it.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Ginkgo

I like activities that can be completed in some sort of queue so you can organize your multitasking.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Happened upon this during a news trawl and am currently hating my gender.

There's just so

fucking

much

of it

ETA: and now I'm wondering if my revulsion is in itself a weird form of sexism. Do I feel particularly badly for these girls because they're girls? Is that kinda sexist?
    Of course your revulsion isn't sexist. Jesus. It blows my mind that people even have to ask these sorts of questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Ah yes, is being a male and finding sexism objectionable just male chauvinism? Or paternalism? A through going feminism IS going to brand those things sexist and punish them all the same. Its part of the reason I dont endorse feminism anymore, at least not uncritically.

Those reports are totally and utterly reprehensible, are they going to have any impact upon anyone other than those individuals who already are conscientious enough to find them unconscienable and wrong?

A lot of the arcane and ancient, and rejected for being so, spiritual and cultural ideas of the past declared nothing short of all out war upon behaviour and thinking of the kind which is manifest in those reports, and often more successfully than feminism, although they were all jettisoned by liberals and blind alley liberators of the relatively recent past.
    What utter bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs