User Tag List

Page 3535 of 6766 FirstFirst ... 253530353435348535253533353435353536353735453585363540354535 ... LastLast
Results 35,341 to 35,350 of 67660

Thread: Random Thought Thread

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

went to the bank today and got asked why my debit card was blocked so i told her and it was like the in the are you really you kinda way, but my id proved it wrong. than i got to thinking that she could accuse me of stealing someone elses idenitiy, but than i'd have to get a picture not of me that is still me and make it into an id
    by @magpie

Ginkgo

I dare you to eat a McDonald's Big Mac with Burger King mustard.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

While CNN was too busy covering Kate's kid, 500+ prisoners broke out of Abu Ghraib in Iraq, including high level AQ members.

The escape was held in conjunction with a raid on the prison by the prisoners comrades.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96L0RM20130722

(Reuters) - Hundreds of convicts, including senior members of al Qaeda, broke out of Iraq's Abu Ghraib jail as comrades launched a military-style assault to free them, authorities said on Monday.

The deadly raid on the high-security jail happened as Sunni Muslim militants are gaining momentum in their insurgency against the Shi'ite-led government that came to power after the U.S. invasion to oust Saddam Hussein.

Suicide bombers drove cars packed with explosives to the gates of the prison on the outskirts of Baghdad on Sunday night and blasted their way into the compound, while gunmen attacked guards with mortars and rocket-propelled grenades.

Other militants took up positions near the main road, fighting off security reinforcements sent from Baghdad as several militants wearing suicide vests entered the prison on foot to help free the inmates.

Ten policemen and four militants were killed in the ensuing clashes, which continued until Monday morning, when military helicopters arrived, helping to regain control.

By that time, hundreds of inmates had succeeded in fleeing Abu Ghraib, the prison made notorious a decade ago by photographs showing abuse of prisoners by U.S. soldiers.

"The number of escaped inmates has reached 500, most of them were convicted senior members of al Qaeda and had received death sentences," Hakim Al-Zamili, a senior member of the security and defense committee in parliament, told Reuters.

"The security forces arrested some of them, but the rest are still free."

One security official told Reuters on condition of anonymity: "It's obviously a terrorist attack carried out by al Qaeda to free convicted terrorists with al Qaeda."

A simultaneous attack on another prison, in Taji, around 20 km (12 miles) north of Baghdad, followed a similar pattern, but guards managed to prevent any inmates escaping. Sixteen soldiers and six militants were killed.

CONVOY ATTACK

Sunni insurgents, including the al Qaeda-affiliated Islamic State of Iraq, have been regaining strength in recent months and striking on an almost daily basis against Shi'ite Muslims and security forces amongst other targets.

The violence has raised fears of a return to full-blown conflict in a country where Kurds, Shi'ite and Sunni Muslims have yet to find a stable way of sharing power.

Recent attacks have targeted mosques, amateur football matches, shopping areas and cafes where people gather to socialize after breaking their daily fast for the holy Muslim month of Ramadan.

Relations between Islam's two main denominations have been put under further strain from the civil war in Syria, which has drawn in Shi'ite and Sunni fighters from Iraq and beyond to fight against each other.

In the city of Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, a suicide bomber detonated a vehicle packed with explosives behind a military convoy in the eastern Kokchali district, killing at least 22 soldiers and three passers-by, police said.

Following the attack, leaflets were found near mosques in Mosul signed by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, which was formed earlier this year through a merger between Syrian and Iraqi affiliates of al Qaeda.

"After receiving information from our precious nation's sons about the arrival of a convoy of the Safavid Raafidi Army... the lions of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant have confronted them," read the leaflets, using derogatory terms to refer to Shi'ites.

Four other policemen, were killed in a separate attack in western Mosul, Iraq's third-largest city and capital of the Sunni-dominated Nineveh province.

Nearly 600 people have been killed in militant attacks across Iraq so far this month, according to violence monitoring group Iraq Body Count.

That is still well below the height of bloodletting in 2006-07, when the monthly death toll sometimes exceeded 3,000.
    But no a baby is more important than that. Kill yourself media.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Senior Member Array

There is a difference between a woman who owns a cat and a "cat lady".

(click at your own risk; don't say I didn't warn you)

(I'm not going to name names but this reminded me of a few of the ladies here... )

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

When I get stressed beyond belief, I exercise. It's so freaking weird and I keep getting more and more in shape. Unhappy = healthy??

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Sometimes, I wish the forums could be experienced as a Broadway musical.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Is it normal to get strong urges to punch your significant other while they're sleeping?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    Is it normal to get strong urges to punch your significant other while they're sleeping?
    No. But putting your foot against their back and kicking them onto the floor is perfectly natural thing.

MBTI
    STYX
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

This forum is a very strange place. For a forum that is focused on fringe psychology; and through that reaching a form of self-actualisation, there is a lot of anger and drama. Though I do give points for having variety, I mean there is personal anger paranoid anger, group anger, and probably some kind of “I’m going to stab you with a butter knife until you die of blunt force trauma anger.”

Of course due to its popularity this is no doubt an important step on the road to self-discovery. Experiencing all emotional states on the road to reaching some sort balanced and integrated mind. So I look forward to one day thinking about stabbing one of you with a butter knife, or possibly a spork I haven’t made up my mind yet.
    Even when the sun is shining, I can't avoid the lightning Oh, where did the blue skies go? And why is it raining so?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I dare you to eat a McDonald's Big Mac with Burger King mustard.
    What happens if you do that? Also there's such a thing as BK mustard?