User Tag List

Page 353 of 6780 FirstFirst ... 2533033433513523533543553634034538531353 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 67794

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #3521
    don't fence me in Array sui generis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I think it's strange how people are really weird about being seen in their underwear, but they'll wear bathing suits that reveal even more than their underwear in public and be completely fine with it.
    It IS strange, but I'm guilty of it too. I got all embarassed when the neighbors saw me walking around in my underwear in the kitchen, but I wear a bathing suit willingly. I figured out that it has to do with the element of surprise. I'm *expecting* to be seen in my bathing suit, but *not* expecting to be seen in my underwear.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

    approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

  2. #3522
    Magical Array BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    It has a lot to do with context. Most people, I imagine, would feel uncomfortable wearing a dress gown/tuxedo to their place of employment or exercise clothes to a nice restaurant, too. In the bathing suit case it's about appropriateness. Really the only time it's appropriate to see someone in their underwear is if you're about to have sex with them, if they're like some sort of actor/model, or if you are their parent and are dressing them (and maybe some others). But if you were wearing your bathing suit, say on the subway, that would be uncomfortable/inappropriate too.

    Sorry this is really rambly.
    Ah yeah I totally forgot about social context. I don't really think about that too much.

    It's kinda like nudist colonies I guess. Everyone's naked, so it's not awkward. Everyone's in a bathing suit, so it's not weird. But I still look at it as basically everyone being in underwear lol.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

    RCueI (primary Inquisition)

  3. #3523
    Senior Member Array Pixelholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    571

    Default

    I wonder if it is worth the possible face mauling to learn how to shave with a straight razor.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

  4. #3524
    Magical Array BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    I wonder if it is worth the possible face mauling to learn how to shave with a straight razor.
    nah, everyone I know who uses regular razors wishes that they used electric ones because it's just easier in general and you don't really get cut.

    I can see why it would be a handy skill to know though.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

    RCueI (primary Inquisition)

  5. #3525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    It has a lot to do with context. Most people, I imagine, would feel uncomfortable wearing a dress gown/tuxedo to their place of employment or exercise clothes to a nice restaurant, too. In the bathing suit case it's about appropriateness. Really the only time it's appropriate to see someone in their underwear is if you're about to have sex with them, if they're like some sort of actor/model, or if you are their parent and are dressing them (and maybe some others). But if you were wearing your bathing suit, say on the subway, that would be uncomfortable/inappropriate too.
    I think it has a lot to do with utility, too. Bathing suits are designed and intended to be visible when worn...you're not supposed to wear anything over them. Underwear is designed and intended to have other clothes worn over it. Being seen in your underwear is being caught incomplete.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  6. #3526
    Senior Member Array Pixelholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    nah, everyone I know who uses regular razors wishes that they used electric ones because it's just easier in general and you don't really get cut.

    I can see why it would be a handy skill to know though.
    I hate electric razors, I can't get a good clean shave out of one to save my life.

    I'm not a fan of safety razors either, but I dont like beards much also.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

  7. #3527
    Finis Array Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,814

    Default

    I enjoyed looking at the fractal patterns in the tree branches while I was taking a bath tonight.

  8. #3528
    Self sustaining supernova Array Zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Shadow puppets at work!


  9. #3529
    Senior Member Array Pixelholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Rum and coke is Delicious.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

  10. #3530
    Magical Array BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    Rum and coke is Delicious.
    indeed
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

    RCueI (primary Inquisition)

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO