User Tag List

Page 3528 of 6765 FirstFirst ... 252830283428347835183526352735283529353035383578362840284528 ... LastLast
Results 35,271 to 35,280 of 67645

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I have a jumperpack for my car with its own battery power source - with a cigarette lighter hole.. thing.
    12 volt (DC) receptacle.

Funny coincidence. I used one of those jump starters this morning. I helped my dad start his old beater pickup truck that hasn't moved in a couple years.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    12 volt (DC) receptacle.

Funny coincidence. I used one of those jump starters this morning. I helped my dad start his old beater pickup truck that hasn't moved in a couple years.
    Yeah, they're quite nifty. Mine has an air compressor too, to refill tires, or maybe inflate a mattress if I took it camping.
    This thing's an intuitive's best friend, if you're prone to accidentally killing your car battery, etc.
    Plus you don't have to depend on strangers to jump your battery, which I highly prefer. I dislike being stranded somewhere & having to speak to people if there's a way around it.

this is the one I have (was a gift)
    People bitch in the reviews that it's not powerful enough, but it works on small pickup trucks here, & 4-cylinder cars just fine. So perhaps it doesn't work with SUVs or something, but F those ridiculous vehicles, anyway.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Ginkgo

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

by @magpie

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Yeah, they're quite nifty. Mine has an air compressor too, to refill tires, or maybe inflate a mattress if I took it camping.
    This thing's an intuitive's best friend, if you're prone to accidentally killing your car battery, etc.
    Plus you don't have to depend on strangers to jump your battery, which I highly prefer. I dislike being stranded somewhere & having to speak to people if there's a way around it.

this is the one I have (was a gift)
    People bitch in the reviews that it's not powerful enough, but it works on small pickup trucks here, & 4-cylinder cars just fine. So perhaps it doesn't work with SUVs or something, but F those ridiculous vehicles, anyway.
    The one I was using: http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-J509-5...VKD3387RG9KXTB

Comes with a compressor, a built-in USB port in addition to the 12 V "cigarette lighter" and a small LED light, and takes the female end of an extension cord for charging. (My dad used to have a smaller, cheaper one of these things that had its own AC adapter for charging; the adapter was lost long ago and as a result he couldn't charge the pack anymore. The whole thing ended up being thrown out as a result, you couldn't get a new AC adapter on its own.)

They are quite handy.

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I recently learned that my friend's teenage daughter has been sexually assaulted by a family "friend". He has been arrested, she is getting counseling. I am at a loss as to how to help.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I recently learned that my friend's teenage daughter has been sexually assaulted by a family "friend". He has been arrested, she is getting counseling. I am at a loss as to how to help.
    How did you find out?

Society

if you take a wormhole and put both ends around a heavy enough object - a planet, a sun, a black hole or whatnot... placing one further out at a relatively geostationary orbit, while the other end is accelerated faster and faster (in a way which pushes it slightly closer to the object of mass in order to keep a stable orbit as the centrifugal forces increase)...

and then you wait a little...

would you essentially have a wormhole with one end experiencing time increasing slower than the other?

will information sent into the slower moving wormhole come out of the other end - in the past?

Society

if you take a wormhole and put both ends around a heavy enough object - a planet, a sun, a black hole or whatnot... placing one further out at a relatively geostationary orbit, while the other end is accelerated faster and faster (in a way which pushes it slightly closer to the object of mass in order to keep a stable orbit as the centrifugal forces increase)...

and then you wait a little...

would you essentially have a wormhole with one end experiencing time increasing slower than the other?

will information sent into the slower moving wormhole come out of the other end - in the past?