User Tag List

Page 3502 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 250230023402345234923500350135023503350435123552360240024502 ... LastLast
Results 35,011 to 35,020 of 67835

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

I went to take a nap this afternoon and ended up having a dream where I was looking for homes to purchase on a hillside, being chased by ugly dolls, touring an engineering company, sleeping on the floor while a truck backed into the dock to deliver meds, and having sex with one of the engineers who looked just like Chevy Chase...

...I had no idea that high doses of benadryl could trigger hallucinogenic dreams/nightmares.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I went to take a nap this afternoon and ended up having a dream where I was looking for homes to purchase on a hillside, being chased by ugly dolls, touring an engineering company, sleeping on the floor while a truck backed into the dock to deliver meds, and having sex with one of the engineers who looked just like Chevy Chase...

...I had no idea that high doses of benadryl could trigger hallucinogenic dreams/nightmares.
    Hah, I have bizarre dreams as it is, but Benadryl tends to up the ante a bit. Most antihistamines that cause somnolence will do this to me.
    Sominex/Benadryl (same drug, actually, just different marketing; Tylenol PM's sleep-ingredient is the same one, too)- tend to give me wacky dreams.

Nyquil/Unisom (they both use doxylamine for sleep) give me guaranteed zombie/apocalypse dreams, for some reason.

If weird dreams don't disturb you, just have fun with it.

(however, I couldn't handle dreaming of sexing Chevy Chase.. I hate that guy too much. You have my deepest condolences. seriously.)
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

...and having sex with one of the engineers who looked just like Chevy Chase...

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    If weird dreams don't disturb you, just have fun with it.
    says the guru of weird dreams.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    says the guru of weird dreams.
    Like I said, I draw the line when it comes to banging Chevy Chase.. now THAT is a fucking nightmare.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

I am hugely digging on this book I've started reading by Andrew Solomon entitled Far From The Tree about identities, and so much more. I strongly recommend it, but it's a hearty read.

NYTimes Review
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Like I said, I draw the line when it comes to banging Chevy Chase.. now THAT is a fucking nightmare.
    It was one of those dreams where I realized I was dreaming and praying someone would come and wake me up!

I wonder if my roommate or kids heard me moaning...I'm not going to say if it was in horror or not.

I'll remember to take the zyrtec from now on.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

I had to stop taking Benadryl because of this very problem. I was only taking the recommended dose, not a high dose. The dreams didn't bother me, but the hallucinations got scary.

My wife writes them off as just "drug spideys" (her term).

However, when I wake up, open my eyes, to see a huge orange spider coming straight down at my face, so realistic that I throw the covers off in terror and then search around frantically for the spider, its time to quit that drug.
    Reminder (for others):
    Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

^Oh god...oh god...spiders...*faints*

Why does my wine taste salty tonight?