User Tag List

Page 3494 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 249429943394344434843492349334943495349635043544359439944494 ... LastLast
Results 34,931 to 34,940 of 67719

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Chaining a bunch of House episodes together while reading about gourmet chef recipes which are featured in Hannibal and prepping to read a book of awesome sci fi one of my favourite sci fi writers actually likes.

The only cloud in my sky is that the DK Big Book of Religion is shit compared to the others (economics, philosophy, psychology, politics) but at least I have a complete collection.

I only have three Erich Fromm books I've not read. I'm not going to learn German to read others.

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    You have driven me to something few others have on this forum:

Consider this my "momentarily crestfallen about having disappointed you, but mostly still thinking about cosmetics" face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm going to be sorry I asked, but what the hell is BB cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    If I understand correctly, it's kind of like a makeup primer (but can also be worn alone). It can also replace a moisturizer/sunblock. Some might also have active ingredients that are in anti aging products, like retinol, etc.
    Normally people would apply moisturizer/SPF- then primer- then foundation. BB cream cuts out the 1st 2 steps.
    Its purpose is to smooth out/blur imperfections, & also makes an even surface for applying foundation/makes it last longer.

I just use a tinted moisturizer with SPF 50 most of the time, so it's all a bit foreign to me, too.
    Good, GOOD, Lexi. Let her witness the true power of the dark side. It hides blemishes, while correcting them, PLUS ANTI-AGING. Mwahahaha.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    He's making humorous klezmer music. I just didn't really see that coming. Though, in retrospect, I should have.
    It reminds me of the kind of stuff they used to do way back in the day on SCTV.

WALMART

Dat feeling of a new game on deck.

Its the tenth, the madness will start soon, hold your loved ones tight and hopefully see everyone on the other side.

Gods will be done and may the good triumph

Senior Member Array

Heard just now on the radio, in a mock debate about whether some kids are just inherently bad or if they're products of bad parenting:

There's no such thing as bad kids because, like I said, they're all inherently selfish, dirty little jerks. It's their nature. But moms and dads who let them grow up and stay that way should be punched in the face, 'cause they're bad parents. You parents that spoil your kids and take them on vacation and seem to be immune to their obnoxiousness: you're the problem. If your kid is having a tantrum by the pool because he wants a Popsicle not only shouldn't he get the Popsicle, he shouldn't get the pool either! But get him away from me, because my kids know that I'll hit them if they act like that. I'm trying to relax.

If you keep letting your kid have fits like that and get their way you're a bad parent, and in five years when they start stealing from you and drop out of school don't wonder what happened: you did. You should have kicked him in the ass when he was six.

I love you Reese, Jamie and Andy, you're very good children.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm itching to move into a bigger house. I want a sewing/music room.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Apparently mooning people is all the rage in France. Several mooners have been caught on TV coverage of the Tour. My mom is the one that keeps pointing them out.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    I think I can relate, actually. Mostly it's like hygiene routines/skincare stuff in general I find meditative. Baths, showers, exfoliants, clay masques, applying stuff to make my skin healthier.. I dunno. Takes me out of my head a bit, puts things on pause. Relaxes, soothes. I can approach the thoughts later on with a fresh mind, if that makes sense. (I feel that way about "thrill-seeker" activities, in a way, as well.. however it's more exhilarating than relaxing. The high places me in a different state, I guess).

But yeah, I kind of assume that's the particular manner in which my baby Se takes the wheel, sometimes.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Senior Member Array

Productivity... waning...
    Work ethic... disappearing...

I have plenty to do I'm just too damn tired. I hate feeling like this. I feel like this too often.

Oh well, I think things will be looking up by the weekend. My sister's flight arrives tomorrow. Hard to believe I haven't seen her in years.